Cornich history sought CRH17458 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Cornich history sought CRH17458 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Simons
Yet to post message
Username: mehari_james

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 01 December, 2006 - 11:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen,

I'm hoping someone may know a little about my car.

I am a member of the Citroen Car Club, as are several of your members. There is a link with the suspension if nothing else.

I've just purchased the 1973 corniche coupe at the amazing Goodmans single collection auction.

The car came without any history unfortunately. I recall seeing it at Goodmans in Double Bay around 1998. A few years latter it lived on Edgecliff Rd Bondi Junction for a while outside a block of apartments.
It's blue with blue leather and has large rust holes in the sills.

It has Kellows Falkner plates on the sills but a UK dealer plaque in the engine bay

I'd love to hear of any history.

Thank you,

James

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Monday, 04 December, 2006 - 03:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Start by getting in touch with RR owners club in the UK.

They have copies of the original build sheets for your car.

Next using yellow pages UK find the dealers details and get in touch they will know some more. Esp. the UK reg no.

It is a case of tracking down all the owners of the car. I suspect that the car was reg. and used in the UK first.

Sill panels are available for this car from Flying Spares. And they are not differcult to fit.

(Message approved by david_gore)

James Simons
New User
Username: mehari_james

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 20 December, 2006 - 13:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Bob,

I will follow up with the UK club