Service Failures Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Service Failures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, 05 February, 2005 - 09:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The following posts have been taken from another thread where they were "off-topic" and placed here as a new topic. I hope that this thread is used to show examples of service failures and include a description of the conditions that caused the problem to educate us and make us aware of what can happen. I do not want this thread to degenerate into a pedantic discussion on how to fix the problem.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 290
Posted on Thursday, 03 February, 2005 - 15:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No not wasting your time.
Prehaps you could do other vehicles.
some modern vehicles still have failings that have to be made known "recalls" here is a fault on the connecting arm off a joint of a modern.
Well spotted in time!

whunter
Grand Master
Username: whunter

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, 04 February, 2005 - 15:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Patrick
Point #1. This is off topic, suggest you start a new thread.
Point #2. For me to rehash all known steering issues covering all RR&B would be redundant.
Point #3. If you desire answers on the tie rod ends pictured, contact me through e-mail.
Point #4. Part of my income is consulting; this is why there are topics I will generally not answer free.
Point #5. For Recalls on modern cars; one need only contact your local RR&B dealer (at least in the USA).

I ask David Gore to leave this post and your post for three days; then delete them as off topic.

Have a great day.
whunter
asemastermechanic@juno.com

John Dare
Experienced User
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, 04 February, 2005 - 16:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Point 4 of the above, is something to which I have referred to on previous occasions. Professional people have every right to charge a fee for their services as based upon their accumulated qualifications and experience. That is why I remain grateful to the professionals who FREELY dispense friendly and accurate advice (typically of a technical nature) either directly to owners or via this and other related R-R forums.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 298
Posted on Sunday, 06 February, 2005 - 04:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is a pix of what happens to the sphere diaphragm when the nitrogen pressure of1000lbs/sq.in. drops to nought.
One system pressure light comming on when the brake is applied.
The hydralic pump pressure the other side of the diaphragm forces the diaphram against the refill nitrogen hole in the sphere causing the hole.
Do check the reserve on both systems with foot brake applications.
This i carried out with Bill C valued help many months ago.