Have a giggle Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Have a giggle « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 868
Posted on Sunday, 21 August, 2005 - 11:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have a look at this little gem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F4568501688_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQfviZ1&item=4568501688

Ebay item 4568501

Don't forget that the seller may bid on Ebay. Have a laugh at the Q & A.

The asking price is AUD1.3 million. Remember 1973 or so, when the Australian Government spent AUD$1.3 million to buy Blue Poles for the ANG ? Now, that caused a fuss at the time.

How about a few realistic valuations on this one from our contributors ?

Be prepared to spend $200,000 to rectify those sad sagged rear springs...

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 236
Posted on Monday, 22 August, 2005 - 00:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All I can say to that fellow is, "Dream On Kid".
It is a very pretty car no doubt but unless he can convince Bill Gates that it's worth that much - Well!

Mind you, My car is worth $1 Million to me, but I know I couldn't get it.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 70
Posted on Friday, 26 August, 2005 - 14:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Todays exchange rate 75.8. Bidding stopped just short of US$600,000. That's A$791,000. Not all that far off your $1million Robert. I reckon you would still be able to find something wrong with it, and start haggling.

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 239
Posted on Saturday, 27 August, 2005 - 00:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Martin, What wine would you suggest I have with Humble Pie?

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 875
Posted on Saturday, 27 August, 2005 - 01:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No humble pie to eat. It was not sold, and the high bid could easily be the owner's.

RT.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 446
Posted on Saturday, 27 August, 2005 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well if it still is not sold i am sure it will soon, what a splendid restoration and such a beauty.
As for the sagging springs picture number two looks like one that has been copied out of the original catalogue and the trim hieght looks the same.
If it was to low fully laden a mod with air assisters would do the trick.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, 31 August, 2005 - 15:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard,

Am I being silly, but wouldn't the sellers ebay account come up as the highest bidder? Now getting family members, etc, to bid is another story.

A new Commodore is worth more than my Bentley, maybe if I grab the angle grinder and whip the roof off?