Window Lift Chain Tension Spring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Window Lift Chain Tension Spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darryl Watson
Frequent User
Username: inox

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, 02 July, 2018 - 05:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re 1990 Mulsanne S.
When I was removing the window lift motor the tension spring and wire loops on the chain decided to take a holiday and jumped off of the chain into the bottom of the door.
Is there a secret art to refitting the spring, tension-distance etc or is it just a question of re-fitting the loops (easier said than done) so that there's tension on the chain when engaged on the cog?
Many thanks
Regards
Darryl

Darryl Watson
Frequent User

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, 02 July, 2018 - 06:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My plan is to fit the chain around the cog and hold it in place then stretch the spring one link of the chain to apply tension.

Darryl Watson
Frequent User

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, 19 July, 2018 - 06:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorted using cable ties & 14 SWG wire. I don't know how the factory managed to fit the wire clips.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: