Spirit II seat wiring ( both seats an... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Spirit II seat wiring ( both seats and mirrors?) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ron Vale
Experienced User
Username: silverfoxcc

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, 17 July, 2018 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Following on from an earlier thread i do not have full control of both front seats.
Today i got under both to check wiring but havent the foggiest where to start. Added to the fact i cannot upload any diagrams due to scanner and PC being OOS hopefully someone can understand the following and give me some details. There are several connectors under each seat and if someone can tell me whateach connection does, i can check each one to see if the 'seat end' is fully functioning and then turn my attention to the switches.

The annotation of x/x/x refer to the number of connector in each section of the connector (Hope that makes sense)
Starting with the drivers seat and i am looking at the connector with the male? connections ( these will go into the other side of the connector)

There are 5 separate connections
A three pin with round pins in triangular formation
one at top two at bottom

oblong connector with two rows
13 connectors
8 on top row in a 2/2/3 l-r as looking
2/0/3 on bottom row

oblong connector 18 connectors
5/2/3 on top row
5/0/3 on bottom ( this also appears on pax side)

oblong connector 6 connections
4 on top 1/0/1 on bottom

shaped connector with 8 round pins
4 on top row
4 on bottom (extreme right fifth position) on bottom is unused
This also appears on pax side

PAX side 3 connections

two as mentioned above

third one

oblong with 5 connectors

top row 0/4/0
bottom row 1/0/0

Thanks

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 - 04:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ron
I didn't see the earlier post so I presume you have already changed the batteries on the seat ECU's?
Mike

Ron Vale
Experienced User
Username: silverfoxcc

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, 18 July, 2018 - 08:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mike

Last post on the original thread was 17-5-18 Car was laid up for winter, when all was working ok, Batt not switched off and was on trickle charge
Engine was run

The only thing that the refurbed ECU didnt do was the memory!! except pos 3 this switch 'felt' correct the other three were 'mushy' Hard to ecplain but if you felt them you would know.

It was only taking it to the MOT that this partial operation came to light. as mentioned luckily the pax ecu working on the drivers side got the read fore/aft movement to get its pass!

Will get it out tomorrow and do another 'report' on what happens ,or doesnt. I have a feeling that the switches may be the problem, but i want to eliminate as much as possible

Ron

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: