Sagging countdown Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Sagging countdown « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harrison W
New User
Username: hans3

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 04 August, 2018 - 03:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Assuming one has fresh rear spheres, what check valve or other mechanism prevents the rear end from sagging right away? What prevents the rear shock fluid from seeping back to the reservoir under the system's latent pressure?

Ron Vale
Experienced User
Username: silverfoxcc

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, 04 August, 2018 - 06:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Having changed mine, due to the ride in the back being the equivalent mobile version of a bouncy castle, i changed the spheres, which was a quite easy job considering the amount of interior in the boot i had to remove.

The ride was transformed, the only downside was that the active ride warning comes on at random intervals, but the ride is how it should be

The car still 'sags' at the rear after leaving it in the garage, but on firing it up the rear rises visibly to its normal running height after a minute or so

Ron

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 264
Posted on Sunday, 05 August, 2018 - 15:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ron, there are two separate valves under rear of car ( approx where rear passengers feet go). One is priority valve, which stops accumulator pressure going to leveling until certain pressure reached ( 1500 psi) I think. The other, more relavent to your question is minimum pressure valve. This is designed to maintain minimum pressure in struts to maintain a leveled appearance, to avoid exactly what you are saying. Seem to recall over years, R-R messed about, as they were always doing with this arrangement. There are pressure sampling points under center of car, and as dealer we had two gauges in kit to see what was happening in system. I am afraid, I can’t remember more detail, but hope this gives you bit insight. I find by looking at parts catalogue, lots of info can be gleaned by what parts are on illustration. Go on Bentley Heritage, fief model, then enter your VIN and it should filter to your car. You can then look at valves etc in section yo choose. It is free on line.Also read w/ shop manual obtained on line through this site.

Ron Vale
Experienced User
Username: silverfoxcc

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, 06 August, 2018 - 23:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon
The Active ride light did not come on when i was in 'jelly on springs' mode.

After changing the spheres and topping up the fluid. it mow comes on and off at random intervals

ie never at start up but usually after 10 mins running, mileage is immaterial.the actual 'first appearance' varies. Thereafter it is on an 'as and when' basis

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Tuesday, 07 August, 2018 - 17:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would check that the car is at the right height at the back. When I have seen this happen it is because the car is riding way too high at the back. If so then adjustment of the rear height is simple .

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: