MULSANNE S 92 AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » MULSANNE S 92 AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pedro Gomes
Experienced User
Username: portamno

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, 12 June, 2018 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear All,

With YOUR HELP, may Mulsanne S 92 is now in a wonderful running condition. The stiff supension problem, the cold start issues, the idling, all of those have been sorted out! One last problem remains:

The mechanic stripped the steering wheel, and took out the air bag, in order to adjust the steering...I am "somewhat" of a "perfectionist" on such details, I want the steering wheel to point EXACTLY the right way when the car is being driven straight...He then reinstalled everything, according to the manual. But NOW the warning light for the airbag is lit all the time, and I get a warning "beep" every few minutes...

This is just about the last issue with car, aside from a "sticky" A/C button, whhich is now being cleaned.

Any suggestions on "how to get rid" of that air bag warning light?

I dont want to go to Bentley Portugal, as they are 100% incompetent on 90's cars, and I have spent "fortunes" there, with ngative results....

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 00:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Pedro
You may do better posting in the spirit area, my understanding is post spirit is for the Arnage onwards OK
Good luck getting it sorted ,my mate has the same problem on his so let us know how to fix it OK
Cheers Mike

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 02:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have the same problem on 3 of my Bentleys and I still dont know how to fix it either

Jim Walters
Prolific User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 172
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 03:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So Pedro, what was the result of interrogating the ECU as I suggested in your other thread? What did you do to repair the starting fault?
Please get in the habit of posting the solution to problems you have asked about, it may help other enthusiasts that are looking for answers in the future.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Pedro Gomes
Experienced User

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Jim:

Thank you for your reply. You are of course completely correct. Thank you for your suggestion. As far as the starting problems, there were 2 problems:

1- The connection cable to the cold start injectorwas half corroded, so not enough energy was passing thru....

2- The injector itself was quite dirty, due to the fact that the car had not run in almost 4 years....I bought a new unit replaced the cable, and problem got fixed.

Warm regards

Pedro

Pedro Gomes
Experienced User

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 21:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Deat Michael:

Thank you for your suggestion. From now on I will post on on the Spirit area...

Moderator input - I moved your existing threads to the Spirit section so they will match your future threads.

As far as the airbag warning light, I have searched the net to the point of exaustion....There are some commnents regarding how to turn off the "error" on the warning light, but one needs the diagnostic bentley tool to cancel the "code"...My mechaninc is going to bentley Portugal today (as much as I hate it) to "borrow" the diagnostic tool, and hopefully turn off that irritating light....Will keep you posted....

Pedro Gomes
Experienced User

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 21:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar,

As you may have read on the another post, my mechanic is going to Bentley Portugal today, to "borrow" a diagnostic tool that apparently will cancel the airbag light. There are several comments on the net regarding how to do this...Will keep you posted....

Warm regards

Pedro

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Wednesday, 13 June, 2018 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Pedro,
I hope you succeed man....

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 470
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 06:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar
I have just found some airbag info for Pedro , I'm sure you know it but it may help you here OK http://rrtechnical.info/sz/cs/tsd5069p2.pdf
Good luck
Mike

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 976
Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - 08:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great find Michael, lots of info.

Richard.

Jim Walters
Prolific User

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 02:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pedro, have you tried to reset the Airbag warning light by using the instructions in the link provided by Michael? A Bentley diagnostic tool is not required to do this according to the service manual.

www.bristolmotors.com

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 03:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Michael,
what a fantastic find. How did you stumble across this one? It needs lots of paying attention and concentration.

Jim Walters
Prolific User

Post Number: 174
Posted on Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 04:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I posted that link and the other two that go along with it for the post 30K VIN cars three weeks ago to the other thread Pedro started. They have been posted many times in the past by both myself and others. Anyone with a post 30K car should read through these until they fully understand the information contained. The most important information in these are the instructions for interrogating the engine management and airbag ECU's. Understanding what one can do to self diagnose a fault in the post 30K cars can save hours of trial and error and guesswork in trying to locate a faulty component.
Once more:

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/cs/tsd5069p1.pdf

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/cs/tsd5069p2.pdf

http://rrtechnical.info/sz/cs/tsd5069p3.pdf

www.bristolmotors.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: