Purple Spirit on LPG - How to Remote ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Purple Spirit on LPG - How to Remote Fill « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 932
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 10:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This car runs superbly on LPG. The LPG conversion looks like it was done in Crewe originally which of course it was not.

The petrol/gas tank unfortunately was removed and the LPG remote filler is where you would put normal gas in.

Problem is the nearest LPG filling station is 215 kilometres away and even they are talking about closing it down because the parasitic Australian government has taxed the LPG industry into oblivion which is basically the only thing governments here are capable of doing well at.

I have been looking at the prospects of getting another lpg tank, taking it in my petrol van, refilling it and then using a LPG pump, refilling the Spirit.

Problem is the only LPG pumps I can find on Ebay are CHINESE made which as some of you know I interpret as FU**ED when new just like all the other crap they sell.

I was qualified to install LPG systems and repair them decades ago and had life time licences but again seeing that they are parasites the government in OZ decided the tax the guts out of people with licences. Basically the OZ government killed the LPG industry off like the DODO.

Now: Question. Is there any safe way to transfer from one tank to another using an LPG pump.

Not really concerned about the law here because where I live the law disappeared in 1967 when the cops left town and never came back but do not want to blow my car or myself up.

So jetsetters any ideas?

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 805
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 16:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Convert back to gas?

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 18:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir
Can you get bottles of butane/propane by you what we call calor gas for camping/caravans/bbq's etc, if so could you T into the plumbing and run off that?
But be careful you wouldn't be the first Russian or Australian into space lol
Good luck
Mike
PS wish you would write a book it would be hilarious lol

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2912
Posted on Thursday, 07 June, 2018 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Have sent you a PM which you might find relevant.

Regards David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: