Wiring Nippon Denso starter Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Wiring Nippon Denso starter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex Wilson
New User
Username: alex_wilson

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, 07 October, 2019 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've fitted the aftermarket Nippon Denso starter to my Silver Shadow SRH9370 but not sure about the wiring. I've fitted the smallest wire to the clip provided. There's one main post and I'm not sure whether to attach the main positive lead to this along with the other two remaining wires. There is another post, but it already has the rubber boot installed and doesn't look like it will take another wire. Any assist in relation to this will be greatly appreciated.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2975
Posted on Tuesday, 08 October, 2019 - 08:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alex,

See the 7th post in the topic, Replacing Lucas Starter with Modern Gear Reduction Type, where I took a photo of the British Starters gear reduction starter I installed, with annotations on what I intended to wire on which terminals. I actually did what I noted in the image.

Brian

Alex Wilson
New User
Username: alex_wilson

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 13:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much Brian.

ross kowalski
Prolific User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Monday, 14 October, 2019 - 22:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alex,

You will be very satisfied with that modification.

It really increases the crank speed and reduces voltage drop at crank time.

The only wiring to be modified was the terminal at thee of the main positive cable from battery had to be bent.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: