ENCLOSED Car Hauler (Los Angeles Area... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » ENCLOSED Car Hauler (Los Angeles Area) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Prolific User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, 25 December, 2018 - 14:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just bought another Rolls Royce. It's a rather nice car in which the seller agreed to sell ONLY if it was transported in an enclosed trailer. The car is in the Los Angeles area, & I am in NC. I do not want to go through a broker. I want to deal with the actual transport company or the driver. Would anyone have a recommendation in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Wednesday, 26 December, 2018 - 00:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do you have Shiply in USA?

You need a transporter with a backload to make it viable.

Good luck with you new car.

Hope you had inspected.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2717
Posted on Wednesday, 26 December, 2018 - 01:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

I have no idea which of the companies listed in the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation are brokers versus "actual transport companies," but Reliable has a location in LA and the company has been recommended in the past (as have all companies in the AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT COMPANIES category).

I cannot imagine dealing with someone selling who wants to dictate to me what I'll do with something after I own it. (Real estate easements aside).

Brian

Kelly Opfar
Prolific User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, 26 December, 2018 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, I think that UShip is similar to Shiply that Paul mentions. I used to UShip to contract shipping for a parts car from Oregon to Utah for $600. It wasn't in an enclosed trailer but you can specify anything you want. UShip lets customers and transporters work out the price amongst themselves.
You can usually get a pretty good deal because a driver would rather take your car back East for a reduced fee than go back home empty.
Kelly

ZaneDoyle
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 147.135.77.241
Posted on Wednesday, 17 May, 2023 - 01:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lucky you. I'd love to utter the words "another Rolls"

That's a pretty long haul so you should look for a nationwide shipper in my estimation.

Personally I've used A-1 Auto Transport enclosed a couple times with no problems. They're generally on the more affordable side too.

https://www.a1autotransport.com/enclosed/

(Message approved by david_gore)

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 554
Posted on Wednesday, 17 May, 2023 - 10:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Joey Magee
United States Of Freight
(561) 617-0120

joey@unitedstatesoffreight.com

Great guy, used him a few times.

You won't be sorry.

Graham

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: