Horns Not Working 1979RRSSII Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Horns Not Working 1979RRSSII « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phillip Cyr
New User
Username: lakeb35

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 02 June, 2023 - 12:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey all,
Horns is not working. It appears that the horn button works because I can hear the relay click. I've bench tested the horns, they work. I've replaced the relay even tho the other one seemed to work. I've cleaned the earths/grounds front right side of the car. Fuses 7&14 are good and have power to them. I would REALLY like to get these horns to work.
Totally Stumped,

Phillip

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3335
Posted on Friday, 02 June, 2023 - 12:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You need to check at each stage of the circuit, and you've done most of this.

Hearing the relay click does not, however, mean that it's doing what it is supposed to do. If you have not checked the relay itself, or substituted another known to be good. That's the first thing I'd try at this juncture.

Brian

Phillip Cyr
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2023 - 00:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I used a power probe to send power through purple/yellow wires to the horns.. They worked. There is a purple/brown tracer located in the middle of the relay that has no power to it at all. I'm assuming that this is the main power source for the relay.

Phillip Cyr
New User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 03 June, 2023 - 06:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I found it!! There was corrosion behind fuse panel b. I had to remove it to discover this. YAY!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: