Vacuum advance unit replacement for S... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Vacuum advance unit replacement for Silver Shadow II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John G.
Frequent User
Username: john116

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, 13 May, 2017 - 21:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi - just inquiring as to whether there is a cheaper option to replace the vacuum advance unit for a Silver Shadow II than the original part?

Also, can anyone show/tell me the hose routing from the vacuum advance to where it should connect ?

Thanks,
John

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, 14 May, 2017 - 07:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can't help regarding a cheaper replacement but the routing of the pipe is as follows: There's a rubber elbow on the RH carb which attaches to a metal pipe. This metal pipe goes across towards the front of the left hand carb where another rubber elbow attaches to the pipe. Within a couple of inches of the LH carb rubber connection there's a t-piece on the metal pipe and the vacuum advance tube fits there. The metal pipe ends up connected by a rubber pipe to the small silver cylindrical device which has 2 wires attached, I think it's the weakener solenoid but it could be the cut out solenoid, it's the one to the rear where both solenoids are roughly beside each other. This is the set up on my Silver Shadow 11 (SRH37125)

John G.
Frequent User
Username: john116

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, 15 May, 2017 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks. My Silver Shadow II was originally fitted with EGR and air injection, but was removed sometime in the past. Until I find the necessary EGR parts, I'll put back the distributor vacuum advance/retard.

Kevin Bacon
New User
Username: bacon13

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, 18 February, 2024 - 19:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I know this is an old post but,the unit for an early Rover V8 (p5b) will fit and costs,around £22 against nearly £200 asked by others.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 846
Posted on Sunday, 18 February, 2024 - 23:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's good to know Kevin, thanks for sharing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: