What a Load Of.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » What a Load Of.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 07:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No accounting for taste ..or rather lack of.

This has just come up auction on Barrett Jackson

Bodie Stroud, owner of the portable toilet company Portosan Company, assisted on the transformation of this sleek sewage sucker. "Portosan is one of the largest toilet and temporary-fencing companies in the nation. We provide services for construction, special events and studios." Stroud being number one in the business that's all about number two, was the guru of the vacuum pump on this build. In fact, the rest of the team turned to him so much, he hardly found time to work on anything else. Along with the vacuum concerns was the difficulty of working around the rolls original wiring and hydraulic system. The team finished on time and had one monstrous Rolls Royce that made other models look like, well? you know..

Linky here :-

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1969-ROLLS-ROYCE-SILVER-SHADOW-CUSTOM-SEWAGE-SUCKER-

sh1t

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 08:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The gold is just so classy Mike.

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 08:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lol! indeed.. heh...hang on...you're not referring to my mascot are you? lol! Plss...will someone swop it for me? Lol!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 09:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As Gerald Acquilano, a member of the US club who's also spent years in the auto sales business, is fond of declaring, "There's an ass for every seat!"

This car sold, and there's a perverse truth to Mr. Acquilano's dictum in this case.

Were it not for the gold plating I could honestly say, "I've seen much worse," but I can now only say, "I've seen worse."

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No Mike,
Yours does look classy on your car mare.

The gold here looks like when Carter & Carnarvon discovered King Tutts tomb.
Acres of it lol

Patrick Francis
Frequent User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 09:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Crappy aircon compressor

John Beech
Grand Master
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 348
Posted on Tuesday, 25 April, 2017 - 09:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Insulted at first, then my sense of humor kicked in. After all, while there are nice examples, a lot of old Rollers are pretty shitty cars. This particular one, at least based on the underhood photo, qualifies in my view as a shitty example. This before considering the boot mounted poo-accoutrements ;>)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: