Silver Shadow Fan Clutch Substitute Part Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Silver Shadow Fan Clutch Substitute Part « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Experienced User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, 28 July, 2010 - 02:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, my car SRH 9391 with refrigeration calls for factory part number: UE 32842; chassis numbers 11111 and after call for UE 37061 (unless I have these two part numbers transposed, of course...). There is a known substitute for the later part: Hayden 2747, Four Seasons 36956; AC Delco 15-4309: fits many US GM cars: 1971-76 Cadillac; various Chevrolets, Pontiacs, etc. very common usage. Is there a known substitute for the cars before 11111?

Ammar Malhas
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.214.130.179
Posted on Friday, 24 November, 2017 - 02:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow, 7 years and no one answered! I have RR SS 1969 with VIV LXR6930 and the replacement UE32842 I bought is actually larger than the clutch on my car!
I have no idea what to do next. My mechanic simply locked the clutch and I do not see much difference driving the car around even though I am using it in Jordan and we have relatively warmer weather than the UK and USA.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2731
Posted on Friday, 24 November, 2017 - 06:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ammar,

The reason there were no responses is there are other threads on this topic with lots more information. Just search the forum using "viscous coupling" as the key words and all will be revealed.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1852
Posted on Friday, 24 November, 2017 - 07:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ammar

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure there is a substitute part for the earlier cars. I was fortunate in that the Hayden 2747 was an exact replacement on my 74 SS1 (SRX18501). However it is worth searching this site for more information. The best way is to use google with the site operator. e.g. to search for 32842 -

32842 site:http://au.rrforums.net/

Geoff

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: