Terms and ConditionsThis online forum is independently operated by RR Forums. The RROCA bears no responsibility for this site. This forum is provided for RROCA members and the general public. Membership, however, is contingent on your agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions detailed herein.
- You agree to use your real name when registering for an account.
- You agree to not misrepresent yourself as an RROCA member if you're not.
- You agree to not share accounts or register multiple accounts for a single user.
- You agree to not change your real name in your profile after registration.
- You agree to not attempt to circumvent any suspension or restriction of access placed on you by the administrators or moderators of RR Forums.
- By using RR Forums you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually or racially derogative, hateful, threatening, belligerent or otherwise in violation of any laws.
- Members will be kind, courteous, dignified and respectful in every way. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind, toward any thing, will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate others will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, misogyny, bigotry, foul language or encouragement of or incitement to illegal or violent acts. Politics, religion and sex are not to be discussed.
- You may not post copyrighted information without the express permission of all copyright holder(s). If permission has been granted this must be stated clearly wherever copyrighted material is reproduced.
- You will use plain English in your messages and remain at all times concise and to the point. Keep in mind that English is not the first language of many of our members and visitors, and quaint modes of expression may be difficult for them to comprehend.
- This forum being dedicated to Rolls-Royce and Bentley related topics, you will refrain from posting messages that are not obviously relevant to those topics.
AppropriatenessA primary aim of any Rolls-Royce or Bentley custodian should be the preservation of the entire vehicle in a condition as close to original as possible.
Accordingly, discussion in this forum about maintenance, repair or restoration of Rolls-Royce or Bentley vehicles must adhere to this aim. It follows that
If the moderators consider a thread or post to be in violation of the above it will be subject to closure, alteration or deletion without notice or discussion.
- Promoting or discussing any fundamental vehicle modification that departs significantly from the original Rolls-Royce or Bentley design or intent for that vehicle is not permitted.
- Only where aftermarket replacement parts are functionally indistinguishable from genuine parts may use of such parts be promoted or discussed.
- Only when parts of original design are no longer available may replacement with suitable non-identical parts be promoted or discussed.
- A modification from original may be promoted or discussed if it can be easily and cheaply reverted by a subsequent custodian such that no evidence of it remains.
Where any doubts arise on what is an acceptable modification you must apply commonsense and reasonableness. You might ask yourself "Would Sir Henry approve?"
- You will obey any instructions or directives issued to you by the moderators or administrators with regard to your activities on the forum, without dispute.
- You acknowledge that the RROCA bears no responsibility for this forum and will not hold them accountable for anything contained therein.
Breach of any of these conditions can result in anything up to a permanent suspension.
The owners administrators or moderators of RR Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any item served by the Forum (threads, posts, links, private messages, images, user signatures etc.) at their discretion. Forum members having issues with threads or messages should contact a moderator. If you have an issue with moderation of the forum it can be reported to the Forum Administrator via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Although the administrators and moderators of RR Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. Messages that might be judged objectionable will remain viewable until such time as the administrator or moderators log-in, find the message and take any corrective action deemed necessary. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners, administrators or moderators of RR Forums or the RROCA will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By using RR Forums you are agreeing that under no circumstances will the Owners, Administrators, Moderators or the RROCA be responsible for:
- any statement made by any user about any other user, person or entity
- any information contained on or omitted from the site
- any person's reliance on any such information, whether or not the information is correct, current or complete
- the consequences of any action you or any other person takes or fails to take, whether or not based on information provided by or as a result of the use of the site.
Membership of the forum is not a right - it is a privilege granted by the Owners and Administrators of RR Forums. The Owners and Administrators of RR Forums reserve the right to suspend membership to any of the RR Forums at any time without notice and for as long as is deemed necessary, whilst accepting no correspondence on the matter.
RR Forums may change these terms and conditions on a prospective basis by posting updated terms on this page or in relevant areas of the forum.