Unexpected RR Sightings in Unexpected... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Unexpected RR Sightings in Unexpected Places « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3129
Posted on Thursday, 04 February, 2021 - 09:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Never in a million years would I have expected to see a RR Ghost in the parking lot of the Dollar General in downtown Staunton, VA.

Although I could not get a photo, I took a long look thinking I had to be mistaken on first glance.

I assure you, I wasn't.

Since we've had recent snow and there's still plenty of brine salt sloshing about, it was even more surprising.

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Friday, 05 February, 2021 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It’s always good spotting something rare in the wild Brian.

Trevor Pickering
Experienced User
Username: commander1

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, 06 February, 2021 - 02:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got off a plane at Alice Springs airport and there in the terminal was a Silver Ghost Ute in a glass case!!!

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2115
Posted on Sunday, 07 February, 2021 - 16:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If I dont see at least 6 different Rolls-Royces every day then I haven't seen enough. Our streets have many of these cars on them. Only last week I was driving alongside an absolute copy of my Drophead Coupe but he had his top up and mine was down.
The number of Bentleys on our streets is also noteworthy. On a normal day you would see at least 10 different Bentleys if not more.
Some of these cars however have been foiled in colours that can bring tears to your eyes.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3130
Posted on Monday, 08 February, 2021 - 02:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Gloating is just so unattractive!

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Monday, 08 February, 2021 - 17:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

love your sense of humour Brian.....
And when will you get wattsapp so we can add you to our group of reprobates?

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 420
Posted on Saturday, 31 July, 2021 - 17:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,.....

Well today I spotted another Shadow in Bacchus Marsh, looked like it was a mustard color.

I saw it again 45 mins later in Melton in a line at a drive up coffee kiosk.

Sadly I was'nt in mine today.

Graham.

SimonFurniss
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 103.42.140.180
Posted on Sunday, 05 September, 2021 - 20:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone- I’m trying to track down my family’s old Bentley. It’s a grey 3 and 1/2 litre1934 Derby with vanderplas coach work- unusually it had 2 spare wheels / one on each side . It was imported to Australia in the early 80’s. I’m trying to find it again - hopefully it’s still around somehow!!
Please help me track down this beautiful old car!
I haven’t got a chassis number - only it’s original UK plates - BJJ 591
Cheers

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4005
Posted on Monday, 06 September, 2021 - 08:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Simon,

We need the chassis number to do a proper search - can you get the vehicle registration details from the relevant UK authorities as these should contain the chassis number.

You might also contact Hunt House which is the UK repository of very comprehensive Rolls-Royce and Bentley information and they may be able to use the UK registration number to find more information on your family car.

https://rrec.org.uk/about/the-hunt-house

Another possible source is David Neely's book "Rolls-Royce Bentley in the Sunburnt Country" which your local library might be able to obtain on an inter-library loan.

https://www.henryroycefoundation.com/product-page/rolls-royce-bentley-in-the-sunburnt-country

One of our Bentley members may also be able to help with information so watch this thread........

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: