That time of the year again! War planes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » That time of the year again! War planes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Saturday, 07 July, 2018 - 07:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Is it a air brake or is the pilot ready to jump out?
Must not get to close with the drone!
Yeovilton practice day today with all sorts flying in, what a lovely noise.
The old RAF Spitfire made a landing after doing a few passes the engine sounds great.
Big day tomorrow.

What plane is this.

And this.

Chris Gillings
Prolific User
Username: chrisg

Post Number: 138
Posted on Saturday, 07 July, 2018 - 11:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RROCA members were treated to this display as they arrived for a Federal Rally welcome event at the old Parliament House in Canberra on 2017-03-17. It was a practice run for the main event the following night. Sadly I was carrying a lens for photographing people rather than a zoom.
Low Pass
Pull Out
Ballistic

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Sunday, 08 July, 2018 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris they are good shots compared to the ones I took.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Sunday, 08 July, 2018 - 06:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In 1998, or 1999 or 2000 I watched on Russian TV in Samara Russian jet fighters being loaded to the hilt with bombs and rockets.

These jets looked bloody brutal and as mean as hell itself.

Also, saw pictures of Russian families in their thousands clogging the roads out of Grozny Chechnia obviously well aware of what was about to happen.

A few days later most of Grozny was flattened into rubble ie the city was flattened Russian style.

The jets were an awe inspiring sight. When I asked if I could go down to the local airbase to have a personal look at these magnificent jet fighters I copped an ear full from my Russian girl friend who was Komonsol and whose grandfather was a Bolshevik. Something like "do you realise prior to 1991 if you were found in Samara without proper Soviet Government documents authorising you to be here the KGB would execute you on the spot!"

Ah yes, I did not push the point.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: