Archive through 27 March, 2018 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Suggestion Box » Archive through 27 March, 2018 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, 04 January, 2017 - 21:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

I was thinking how successful Nic's post was about "photos of our cars" that we should do another one.

My idea was to not use older images but images taken specifically for a new post.
A sort of car/photography challenge.

Any suggestions to what the subject matter, topic or location could be?
Outside your favourite restaurant?
Outside your favourite cafe?
At your favourite park?
Funny?
Serious?

Owners included in the shot/shots?
Owners not included in the shot/shots?

We could even vote on our favourite image based on the criteria we decided it to be about?

Any thoughts or suggestions guys?
This could be fun.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 932
Posted on Monday, 23 January, 2017 - 19:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No takers on the photography challenge guys?

RR Forums Administrator
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, 23 January, 2017 - 19:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If you want to start a new thread, feel free. Just make sure it's in an appropriate area.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2387
Posted on Monday, 23 January, 2017 - 20:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

This suggestion will be a slow starter until our members are out and about with their cars.

Our current weather is not conducive to spending a lot of time outdoors especially in non-airconditioned vehicles whereas our compatriots in the Northern Hemisphere are most likely snowed in or have to contend with icy roads and the ravages of road deicing salt.

My suggestion of a suitable topic for posting threads relating to these photographs would be General Discussion.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 934
Posted on Monday, 23 January, 2017 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good idea David,

I will re visit it in better weather

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, 14 April, 2017 - 16:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would take part in any photo competition of our cars but I would not be competitive, I cant take a good photo to save my life lol I would be just another entry. I am due to post a fresh one of Benny sporting his new Historic Plates.

John Beech
Grand Master
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 344
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 02:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would be nice for the forum to enumerate the posts within a thread for ready reference.

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, 21 April, 2017 - 09:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reminds me of a radio advertisement in the 1980's for the Talbot Solara, it went something like "I saw your Solara outside the Tennis Club" or "I saw your Solara outside the Yacht Club". The advertisement was generating great sales until some comedian said "I saw your Solara outside the STD Clinic" and sales went rapidly downhill afterwards.

Brian Carson
Experienced User
Username: brian_carson

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 - 15:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Did this start yet?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2567
Posted on Monday, 29 May, 2017 - 20:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

Have a look at the following threads for photos of other vehicles and miscellaneous forms of transportation owned by our members:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/16947/27078.html?1495907288

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/16947/27194.html?1495122879

I do not know if the forum software allows individual numbering of posts within a thread.