R Type Body Shell free to good home Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » For Sale & Wanted (No traders, please) » Past Ads » R Type Body Shell free to good home « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Prolific User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 17:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have previously listed this on the forum, but now it really has to go! Good for a panel beater to have if a car takes a hit up the rear. If we can't find a home for it, Mr Simms will get it. Located in Katoomba. Contact me on:

0408 808 206
martincutler@optusnet.com.au

P.S. If I can get the windscreen out, i will keep this as a spare for my R type.

Cheers

Marty

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 19:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Is there no-one that can give these panels a home?

How sad for even a boot hinge to be crushed.

I understand your need to gain back the storage room Martin and I appreciate your want to find a good home before enough is enough.

We should pass the hat around in Aust. to buy weekly storage (Or as the Brits say - ' a lockup' )

Martin, why not post (for free) pictures of the shell, in the hope to stimulate someone to give the shell a home. (Send us the URL if you do)

Amongst many free sites there is http://imageshack.us/

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, 29 June, 2009 - 21:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Colin,

I am hoping to get up to katoomba in the next few weeks. Pretty dark in the container, and there is a 1922 Citroen body in front of it. Will see if I can get a decent photo.

Cheers

Marty

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 - 21:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Depending on the overall worth (historic and not $ ) of the shell, I have storage for it - but in Tullamarine Melbourne.

Land is free, but at present only open weather cover, which is not on for this shell. It needs a container. A quick search on them revealed no pricing.

Marty, is it on wheels - for an easy drag onto a trailer? Maybe it needs to be put on a car transport? "Col's most excellent adventure ?"

Already my costs are
1/ container and it's transport to Tullamarine.
2/ either a car transport 1000 klms, or an old do it myself tandem trailer adventure of 2000 klms.

Anyone know of a container going for cheap? Better, does anyone need to get rid of one..

I await your photos Martin - and a description of what is left of the Royce.

I couldn't find your original thread calling a home, so don't know if only the boot is left or there are other panels & chassis sections we can save.

Martin Cutler
Prolific User

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 - 21:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Colin,

no chassis, just the body shell. No doors, etc. Interior is junk. Basically a sound boot, rear guards, roof, floors, etc. It is in a container, but my mate who owns it has to move the container, and is moving home. Very handy for the bloke who has a rusty R Type, or one that has taken a hit up the back. Would be more than it's worth to transport it to Melbourne, I think.

Marty