Cherished Number Plates RR2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Cherished Number Plates RR2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, 26 November, 2009 - 13:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am thinking about selling my cherished plate RR2, currently on a Silver Shadow SRH 19305 in Sydney.
Anyone know who has RR1, I could be interested.

Kevin

Andrew Lark
Experienced User
Username: drew

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, 27 November, 2009 - 09:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

While on the topic of cherished number plates. I have "RROYCE" on our Silver Shadow. Does anyone know who might have had this plate previously? I was quite surprised to find it was available.

I've considered contacting the Sydney Rolls-Royce dealership offering it for sale, surely someone purchasing a new $2 million car needs a $500k number plate to go with it!

How much are you expecting to get for RR2?

Cheers,

Andrew Lark. Blue Mountains, NSW.

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, 28 November, 2009 - 07:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Andrew

I like the way you think, perhaps I too should offer this to a dealership

Not sure how much the plate would be worth, so happy to accept ridiculous amounts containing at least 5 digits.

Kevin

Peter Colwell
Frequent User
Username: peter_colwell

Post Number: 88
Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2009 - 13:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here are some recent sale results for various combinations of RR. All are NSW plates unless otherwise mentioned;
Shannons sales;
'N RR' $23,000 4/12/06
'N ROLLS' $12,000 4/12/06
'N ROYCE' $5000 4/12/06
Tasmania plate; 'RR' $3000 1/06/09
'RR-8' will be offered by Bonhams on 6/12/09, estimate $7000. Their estimates are usually pretty close.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2009 - 13:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have (NSW) RR680, which is the original registration number (and plates) for SRH20280 and therefore there haven't been any RTA charges since I came into possession of them; I'm given to understand that personalised numberplates attract an annual fee - or is it a one-off payment?

What I'd really like to know is who has RR675 or RR675cc ?

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2009 - 15:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeffrey

It's an annual fee from the RTA of $ 440, plus the normal registration costs. But worth it I feel as I always get comments that the plate must be worth more than the car.

I am going to wait and see how much RR8 goes for and then make the decision.

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, 01 December, 2009 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Someone on eBay is selling LA AMORE for $150,000-.
Worth a shot I guess. giggle.

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 103
Posted on Tuesday, 01 December, 2009 - 13:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's hard getting a RR number plate with all the Roger Rabbits and Range Rovers around.
I was lucky the other week with a combination I liked.
Glad my Cloud is a '55 (thanks for confirming that Bill) as 56 was gone.

Andrew Lark
Experienced User
Username: drew

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 01 December, 2009 - 13:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The interesting thing about custom number plate sales is that the price people ask and what they actually get is usually very different. There are many plates sitting on online classifieds or even eBay with stupendous prices that they will never catch. I think I remember some fellow in Victoria selling the Victorian equivalent to my RROYCE number plates on a Silver Shadow for bids starting at $1,000,000. Needless to say there wasn't a great deal of interest in his offering.

Those sales results posted here are interesting, they give a real indication of what the market is paying. Peter: Where is this data available from?

Cheers all,

Andrew.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Wednesday, 02 December, 2009 - 11:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PDFs/Non-standard%20number%20plates%20flyer.pdf

Just for interest, see the ACT schedule of charges. Any plate not on a registered vehicle is available from the motor registry at a fixed price, and the right to use a plate ceases if registration lapses. Then, if you forgot to pay the fees for example, you may buy it again at the list price unless someone else has bought it.

The government has been known to auction forfeited plates, but that happens very rarely. As all the good numbers are owned privately, the owners try never to forfeit them of course.

There is no annual surchage for plates in the ACT. Likewise, white-on-black NSW plates have no annual fee. In our family, we have a few one-, two- and four-digit NSW plates as well as ACT plates. Large sums are quoted for the notorious two-digit NSW plate, left to me by my grandfather but looked after my cousin looks after it as my cars are ACT-registered. The value is irrelevant as it has never been, nor will be, sold.

Mind you, most prices bandied around are pure fantasy, hoping for a silly bid from a drunken enthusiast playing on ebay late at night.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ACT Non-Standard Number Plates.
Numeric plates are available for cars, motorbikes and trailers. Prices depend on the number of digits and the type of plate.

Vehicle numerics range from $746.60 to $5488.70
Motorbike numerics range from $448.80 to $3010.30
Trailer numerics range from $222.20 to $3010.30

Business plates are available using the name or initials of your business. NOTE: You must be able to provide proof of operation as a business. The plate must contain between two and seven characters.
Slogans and logos are available on plastic plates.
Business plates range from $746.60 down to $435.80 (conditions apply).

You can use a combination of numbers and letters to create plates describing the make of your vehicle.
Vehicle make plates cost $4211.20

The ‘R’ series plates contain the letter ‘R’ followed by up to three numbers. The ‘YOH’ plates contain the letters ‘YOH’ followed by three numbers.
Raiders ‘R1 - R99’ series plates cost $1094.00
Raiders ‘R100 - R200’ series plates cost $746.60
Raiders ‘YOH’ series plates cost $115.40

Bike rack plates are produced for attachment to bicycle racks at the rear of motor vehicles.

Bike rack plates are $31.90 for tin and $57.10 for plastic.

Personalised plates consist of two initials followed by three numbers.
Personalised plates cost $372.20 for tin and $473.50 for plastic.

Slim-line plates are available for the front of vehicles. They are made for the front plate only and logos and slogans cannot be applied.
Slim-line plates cost between $108.90 and $145.60

Unique plates include car models, occupations, nicknames and combinations of letters and numbers.
Unique plates cost $2258.30

Brumbies premium plates contain the letters ‘BR’ and range from BR 0 to BR 200 while the special series plates start from BR 0201 to BR 1200 or BR 1996 to BR 2005.
Brumbies premium plates cost $1104.80
Brumbies special series plates cost $174.70

You can put a commonly known given name, surname or initials that represent this name on your vehicle will be approved.
Name plates cost $746.60
90,117 (07/2009)
The number plates contained in this information sheet are for demonstration purposes only and may not necessarily be available for purchase. Plates are subject to management approval. The colours and artwork may vary from that contained in this information sheet and fees may change without notice.

For more information phone Canberra Connect on 13 22 81 or email roaduserservices@act.gov.au

application/pdf
ACT Number Plates.pdf (71.5 k)

Peter Colwell
Frequent User

Post Number: 89
Posted on Wednesday, 02 December, 2009 - 12:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Andrew, that data is from my own database. I have an interest in and keep tabs on the sales of special plates. The prices for the really valuable plates have gone in one direction only for years, even the GFC had little impact. It is interesting to attend a sale. The buyers know exactly what they want. Many sales are private and never make the news.

I did attend one NSW sale where the bids got very close to $1 million. The room full of hundreds of people fell silent.

The prices asked on some web sites for personal plates are just fantasy, and bear no connection with what the plates are worth. Very little in most cases.

Craig Knight
Experienced User
Username: grum_ck

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, 02 December, 2009 - 20:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I was amazed at the prices of number plates over in the UK. I heard earlier in the year “1 HRH” sold for over £100k, “1 O” sold for over £200k and “S 1” for £400k. Not to mention the multi million dollar figures paid in the UAE.

Coming back home, I was pleased to find “V TR 675” was available - the V is required on European styled Victorian plates the rest works well on my Turbo R.
And of course, it is for sale for $1,000,000.

Peter Colwell
Frequent User

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2009 - 12:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RR-8 sold for $5000 (inclusive of buyer's premium) at the Bonhams auction in Sydney on 6th December 2009.

Kevin Lagden
Experienced User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2009 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thats good to see, only when I checked it had not sold. Anyone want mine RR2 for $ 20k ?

Andre Perry
Experienced User
Username: meandfi

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, 09 December, 2009 - 14:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hmm Yes, the chq will be in the mail, once I acually get the Car! lol
ps: would be a really nice plate though.