Wacko Jacko is no more Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wacko Jacko is no more « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Forrest
Frequent User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 10:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

News here

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 12:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No loss, he was a creep.

This was his customised Seraph.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 14:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Perhaps Robert but he gave a lot of pleasure to millions of people. Currently I am having trouble with the unctious hypocrytical adulating media who it seems like yesterday were dismembering the bloke over his apparent appreciation of the younger ones!!

As to the car, I would really love to turn up at a concours with it and drive the system crazy!!! Apart from using the same carpet as fitted to my Spur I note the French Ormolu clock which is probably worth more than the car! Anybody who appreciates these clocks deserves some empathy! Interesting seat design also!

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 389
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I probably have a jaded view anyway Bill as I've never appreciated this kind of entertainment. I was born an old fart and as far as modern music goes, I stopped listening to it when Judith Durham left the Seekers.
Looking at the Seraph, it appears that the roofline was raised to accomodate the interior.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 891
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 15:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert,

I was seriously thinking about deleting this thread as being outside the boundaries of this forum however you saved it with the inclusion of the MJ "State Coach".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Appreciation is in the mind of the listener/viewer.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 390
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 15:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David,
To quote you,
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Appreciation is in the mind of the listener/viewer."

It's worth remembering the days of the coachbuilder who was commissioned to build many outlandish designs on Pre-war chassis and this design is quite mellow in comparision (as far as Post-War extravigances,Nubar Gulbenkian springs to mind). Actually this one's not too bad considering.
I'll see if I can 'Google' up any further information on it.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 391
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 16:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This is what I've managed to get.
He also had a Silver Spur Touring Limousine.

Unfortunately the PDF attached doesn't clearly show the write-up about them.

application/pdfMichael Jackson PDF
Document1.pdf (96.4 k)

Jan Forrest
Frequent User

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2009 - 22:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

quote:

Hi Robert,

I was seriously thinking about deleting this thread as being outside the boundaries of this forum however you saved it with the inclusion of the MJ "State Coach".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Appreciation is in the mind of the listener/viewer.

Perhaps the section should be renamed "General Rolls Royce Discussion" then

(Message edited by Got_One! on 26 June 2009)

RR Forums Administrator
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 74
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 00:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

From the site Terms and Conditions:

"This forum being dedicated to Rolls-Royce and Bentley related topics, you will refrain from posting messages that are not obviously relevant to those topics. "

Jan Forrest
Frequent User

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 00:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

quote:

From the site Terms and Conditions:

"This forum being dedicated to Rolls-Royce and Bentley related topics, you will refrain from posting messages that are not obviously relevant to those topics. "

A bit draconian don't you think? All the other forums (fora?) I post on use the 'General Discussion' for just that: general discussion (chat). After all; there are other things in life than ... er ... old cars.
Methinks that this forum could do far worse than be livened up a little - from time to time at least.
Just my 2 penn'orth of course

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1140
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 10:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jan/ Maybe not draconian but formal. The sad thing in this world is that there are some very strange people (and I thought I was odd!)that seem Hell bent on proving that they can upset people with impunity.

A few years back an excellent and very active forum on our cars was literally destroyed by digital thugs. It must not happen here. What we don't see thanks to our monitors is a regular assault by these gremlins who if they are not trying to install malicious Trojans on our machines and on the site simply load invective and salacious verbage on us.

There is often an underlying jealousy I think about some of these types along the lines of you people drive these cars and think you are better than us etc etc when if the idiots read between the lines most of us are living a daily terror that the crank shaft will break or the block will crack and bankruptcy looms around the corner. As to seeing our insane passion for these cars, if they do they can't or would rather not understand it.

So that is why our 'minders' keep a firm hand on the tiller. It is autocratic but effective and if I can be honest, if they put up with me they must have an element of reasonableness in them eh!!!

Bill Payne
Experienced User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 11:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unfortunately Bill, these idiots are present on virtually all forums, if not malicious intent, they are spamming and just being a nuisance.

I am (as we all should be) indebted to the 'minders' for dealing with this constant problem.

Jan Forrest
Frequent User

Post Number: 82
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 22:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

quote:

Unfortunately Bill, these idiots are present on virtually all forums, if not malicious intent, they are spamming and just being a nuisance.

I am (as we all should be) indebted to the 'minders' for dealing with this constant problem.

I understand the mild paranoia when protecting forums from spammers and hackers. I've seen all too many sites brought down, at least temporarily, from their attacks. It's rarely to do with the content of the site as they seem to do it 'just because they can'!
However when you consider the media circus surrounding the (now apparently suspicious) death of MJ it's hardly surprising that some of us wish to mark his passing. Say what you will of his lifestyle: Mad, bad, dangerous, addicted to cosmetic surgery, paedophile (allegedly ) and I probably would agree with you. On the other hand he single handedly reinvented the pop scene just when disco was dying on its @rse (thank God) and (re)introduced us to some of the most iconic music of the 20th century - Off the Wall, Bad, Thriller, etc.
Had he managed to fulfil even half of the 50 concerts he was booked for he would almost certainly have reclaimed his crown as 'The Prince of Pop'!
As for what he did to his cars, he reminds me of the late Liberace who actually fitted chandeliers in place of headlights on (I think) a Cadillac! Poor taste? Certainly! Flair? 11 out of ten

RR Forums Administrator
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, 27 June, 2009 - 23:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This thread is off-topic and now closed.