Great Driving on a S-1 continental Ja... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Great Driving on a S-1 continental James Young « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Frequent User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, 10 June, 2009 - 22:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh some days have bad surprises, some days have good surprises...

I just picked up my Continental from Brabo after its C- service and was greeted with a more than reasonable invoice. So far so good, but it can get even better

The improvement arrived when Denis Cock, the owner of Brabocars, seeing me virtually licking the windows of an S-I continental James Young they have for sale asked me "Do you want to take it for a ride? It needs to be driven..."

Oh yes, so brilliant it was and what amazed me the most; it is so similar to drive to my very own 1994 Continental... the 4 speed Auto was indeed less smooth, but for the rest, even the faint roar of the 6.3 l, V8 was so deliciously familiar to its modern grand-daughter.

The best part of it came when climbing on my own car to drive back home. After having driven it's 40 year old ancestor you could almost close the eyes not be able guess in which car you where in, so close was the smell, the the tact and the background idle...

I guess that even in 40 years it's hard to improve on perfection, isn´t it? Here is the car by the way:

Cheers,