Little synthesis Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Little synthesis « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

seRRgio
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 172.183.174.119
Posted on Monday, 29 December, 2003 - 20:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello everybody,
thanks for all part of discussion; realy interresting.
I've read each message of the différent thread of this forum about club's life and attracting new members, and aggre with all.
in fact, they are two problems: attracting new car's owners, and attracting people who already own a RR or B.
About the first, we have say quiet all. We have to discuss with potential people to show our cars, to speak about real costs, etc. As I've read, many young people of this generation doesn't know what is a RR and more, a Bentley ! all "old cars" (jaguar, RR&B, MG, triumph etc) are in one only-one categorie: expensive cars for old man with planty money, symbol of an "old time" when only reach people owned it. They doesn't know quiet nothing about history, differences, etc. It doesn't mean that they aren't interresting in cars: they read papers, but they prefer new cars, according with a such perception of the society, with more "eguality" ("levelling" !),and to use it each day.
after, we have people who know what are this cars, but they can't buy it: they do believe that it's too expensive, to difficult and expensive to maintain, etc. It suppose that you have a garage to park it and in France, you quiet only doesn't find it in towns !! park a such car in streets is impossible ! so it suppose you're already with your house in the country....it was my case: I wanted an old car, but I'm living in big town, I doesn't want to live out Paris and haven't money to buy a garage...If I've bought my RR it's because I have the chance to have a flat attached at my office with a garage to park ! I spend the money of the rent, so I can expect maintain my shadow, sure knowing doing a part by myself !!!So, inconclusion, we can say that it's not simple and every potential "candidat" is in a different case because of him situation !
About people who already owns a car, sure that cost and what the club can offert are the principal reason to decide to join or not. In France, you have to pay 200euros, "only" to have a french bulletin and have the possibility to participate at 3 or 4 meetings (rallys or pik niks). But it permitt you to meet personnes who own beautifull cars and knows how to work on it, and to maintain relation with. Sure that it couldn't be the first way to use your car ! rallys are often in all the parts of the contry (and once a year, you can go in england for the british meeting) and even France is little as Australia, or you burn money in full, or you pay expensive train tickets (for exemple, to paris to cannes, I have to pay 250euros each more my own tickets, so it cost me between 600 and 700euros if I want to spend some time in cote d'azur with my car and coming back in paris after !; and for Bordeaux, it is "only" 500euros)
so I think that all this, shows that we can't expect have planty more member's on the clubs. We have to find the way to have contact with owners wich are interresting in cars, but do think that club isn't realy usefull and are old fashioned in our modern internet's time !
I wish you an happy new year in Australia
serge

RODNEY PEACH
Yet to post message
Username: rodney

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, 30 December, 2003 - 04:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello it's me Rodney from Spain thanks for accepting me in you club, it's great to be able to talk to people like yourselves thanks alot regards Rodney.

seRRgio
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 80.170.23.73
Posted on Tuesday, 30 December, 2003 - 19:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hallo Rodney !
Happy New Year and I hope you have spend a Merry Christmas.
where are you in Spain ? What car(s) does you own ? since when ?
by
Serge

RODNEY PEACH
New User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 31 December, 2003 - 03:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Serrgio,Happy New Year to you too,I live in Vigo- Pontevedra in the north of Spain.And I am a proud owner of a 1977 shadow II it has done 40,000 miles and is in great condition,but these days it has dicided to give a few little problems when they come they come in three's first the starter motor which I have repaired then the heater and now 1 accumulator is leaking fluid but what can we do,so I have had three in a run so see if thats it for a little while.I bought her about a year and a half ago and I am pleased with her.I have a small collection of classic cars a 1977 jaguar xjs 5.3,a jaguar sovereign,a MGB-GT,a porsche 944 turbo etc it is great to play with these cars.Where abouts are you Serrgio? you have a shadow 1 yes? well regards Rodney