Wedding ring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wedding ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Frequent User
Username: lluís

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, 20 April, 2009 - 00:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A couple of weeks ago the renovation works in my garage were finally finished. My wife being a week away for work in Munich, I decided to give the B a good engine clean, so off go the plastic covers and Lluís cleans everything in the bay nicely...

I assembled everything back and oh horror, my wedding ring was no longer on my left hand annular finger. Of course I though I had lost it somewhere near the LHM reservoirswhile cleaning dust. So off we go removing plastics, hoses, connections and scuttle. Nothing, no ring and I had to pick my wife from the airport at 14:00.

So off I go with dirty nails to Schiphol and I confess to my wife that the B has swallowed my ring and that after hours of Search, it is not to be found.

She was not happy, until after checking the works done in the garage, the bloody ring appeared standing on the heating near the wall... where I had probably put it myself.

Needless to say, my wife seemed amused, looked at me sideways and said "no wonder you didn't have time to do anything this week at home, people who invest their time in such stupid things as dismantling engines in quest for rings usually have this problem".

Uggh, wives...

Lluis

James Feller
Frequent User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, 20 April, 2009 - 09:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

LOL Lluis,

I have done something very similar.... although not yet married... I have been accused of 'spending too much time' in the garage and not enough around the house....
I 'misplaced' my watch doing something quite similar to what you were doing... I was polishing cars and for 2 days afterwards was pulling the cars and house apart trying to find my watch... needless to say I found it sitting on the tool shelf exactly where I had put it before undertaking my automotive duties...

Cheers

J

Peter Colwell
Frequent User
Username: peter_colwell

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, 21 April, 2009 - 06:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Talking about lost wedding rings....
An aquaintance was in a panic, her young grandchildren had taken her wedding ring off the shelf and outside where they played in the yard. An SOS for my metal detector was called.

Little hope was abroad, as the area was large and very sandy. So squares were marked off and the search began. Lo, after a few minutes, strong beeps revealed the ring.

You would think that the owner had won the lottery...