Rear tail lens re-colouring Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rear tail lens re-colouring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Jones
Experienced User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, 15 January, 2009 - 18:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a set of rear tail lenses for a Bentley S1. The amber colour has faded considerably, however I would still like to use them if I can as the lenses themselves are in very good order.

Does anyone know if these can be re-coloured?

Douglas Majors
Experienced User
Username: rollerman

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, 15 January, 2009 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Replace the clear light bulb with an amber coloured globe. I have tried this with much success.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Thursday, 15 January, 2009 - 18:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wonder whether that would be 'amber' enough. What I do is trot into the nearest model shop and buy a special translucent 'paint' and colour the inside the the lens the appropriate colour. That lasts for years. Do not lose the lenses they are like hens teeth and I'm not sure whether they are being remanufactured yet!

Brian Crump
Experienced User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, 15 January, 2009 - 19:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Most 'hot-rod' shops stock both amber and red paint to re-colour lenses if your nearest model shop does not have it in stock.
The online catelogue from Flting Spares indicates that they do have the lenses in stock - but you would need to email or phone to check that they are still available. http://www.flyingspares.com/
Regards,
Brian

(Message edited by brian_crump on 15 January 2009)

Jeff Jones
Experienced User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, 18 January, 2009 - 11:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks everyone. I did trot off to the closest model shop and the translucent paint worked very well and they now look like new! Many thanks.