Tee One Topics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Tee One Topics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 - 16:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just downloaded 77 "Tee One Topics" PDFs, produced by Bill Coburn over some years.

Wow, what an archive of information and views. I hope, over time, to absorb these articles.

Clearly, a footprint of Australian late 20th century life with the heritage of Henry Royce et al, has been recorded.

I'm a new caretaker of a Cloud I and only now starting to appreciate what my father has given me.

Thanks Bill

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 - 18:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Colin. One of the problems (?) of writing anything Praeclarvm included is that one gets so little response. But judging by the references in overseas and for that matter, this forum, if everybody wrote something nice to me I would have to flee!

But why only 77, issue 80 is on the stands and those in between. This week I was about to issue a new index only to find I had completely buggered it up. Jonas Trachsel who wrote it fortunately is in Switzerland and will think twice before coming out to beat up on me. All is recoverable but it is just one more thing.

Colin all the service manuals service instructions spare parts lists are there for your car and hopefully you will benefit from them. Your father has placed a lot of faith in you in handing it over and I am sure he will not be disappointed.

Colin Silver
Experienced User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, 30 December, 2008 - 19:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bill

Since my post, I've been reading a few Tee Ones. I realise now that you have had some help. So I also pass my thanks to all that helped you.

I have 74 to read yet, but you want me find 78 to 80!!!! Fair go :-)

Yes, Dad must have a bit of faith in me, but he's definitely keeping an eye on me. I'm constantly being lectured about some issues I bring up.

He is still a bit precious about the girl. Mum just rolls her eyes, wishing she'd been treated the same way these last 2 decades :-)

Cheers Bill, and hope that Christmas Day lobster didn't come back up the next morning.

Col Silver