Anyone dealt with Mark Pucher ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Anyone dealt with Mark Pucher ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2021 - 15:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As the title says, and with due respect to the forum rules & liable laws.
Any one had dealings with Mark .
From memory there was a RR service shop on Parramatta Rd around Croydon called Fox or some thing similar.
I have had dealings in the past with John Vawser ( son runs the shop now ? ) and Brian McMillian ( where has he gone ) but mark is new to me .

David Hughes
Experienced User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, 30 January, 2021 - 08:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Trevor
Contact me via private message.
Regards
David

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, 30 January, 2021 - 12:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Done

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3873
Posted on Saturday, 30 January, 2021 - 15:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Trevor,

I cannot remember the name of the R-R/B Spare Parts outlet that opened near Croydon after York Motors closed down but I think it was associated with Lindsay Fox the road transport magnate. Tom Small from York Motors managed the business and he was my "go to" when I was repairing DRH 14434 in the late 1990's.

Depending what parts you are looking for, Richard Treacy from Spur Parts in Alexandria may also be a useful contact.

http://www.spurparts.com.au/

Richard and Bill Coburn of "Tee One Topics" fame were the prime movers for the Rolls-Royce Technical Library which has been a great source of information for R-R/B owners.

John Vawser Motors and Paradise Garage in Sydney are other sources for R-R/B parts:

https://johnvawsermotors.com/

http://www.paradisegarage.com.au/

The last I heard of Brian McMillan in Melbourne was some years ago that he had retired.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User

Post Number: 225
Posted on Sunday, 31 January, 2021 - 11:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks.
Full story
I have a fleet of ex- wedding cars, well the remainders of it any way,
having sold off the better cars some time ago.
Because the cars are visible to passing traffic I continually get notes in the letterbox.
Now 99 % of these are time wasters who think I am going to sell them the entire fleet for less than the value of the bonnet ornaments so I now ignore them till I get 3 or 4 from the same person.
Mark is one of these people, but I was hoping to get some idea of his integrity before getting back to them .
A bit of a worry that he is not here for a start .

Out od curosity was Tom Small the same TOm who ran the spares section of McMillain Motors for the small time that Brian was the Bently distributor before it got hoovered up by Trivett ?
Brian shifted his spares to rented space in one of the yards on Parramatta Rd near his shop on Regatta Rd to make space for the enlarged showroom.
When Trivetts took over the spares moved to the bottom of the NSW Education building William St between Yurong & Stanley Sts where there was no parking for miles .
Tom rang me from there a few times when backordered parts came in from Crewe, in those fun days when original parts took months to be despatched.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3874
Posted on Sunday, 31 January, 2021 - 13:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Trevor,

Tom Small was originally at York Motors and went to Lindsay Fox when he acquired the R-R/B NSW Spare Parts business.

I lost track of him after the subsequent ownership changes.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User

Post Number: 226
Posted on Monday, 01 February, 2021 - 13:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just curious
Brians Spares manager was Tom
There was a joke sign above the door "Uncle Tom's Cabin"
Never knew what his family name was.
Then the Five Dock showrooms were extended & spares got moved to Parramatta Rd.
After Brian lost the Bentley distibutorship the spare went to the city .
No idea who owned it

AdrianProbert
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 104.28.228.199
Posted on Friday, 30 December, 2022 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Trevor, late answer
I live in Geelong and Mark Pucher regularly comes down from Sydney to help me restore a 1970 DHC, very good mechanic, his knowledge is outstanding and ability to source “unfindable” parts amazing

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: