N/S Wing Mirror Not Fitted. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » N/S Wing Mirror Not Fitted. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 04:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Keeping the car mostly original I fitted the last temp mirror to the quarter window that I obtained years ago this is attached with a double sided sticky patch and is easely removed, good for towing a wider trailer than the car, not perfect but does help....

Veiw from the drivers seat

Now where can I purchase some more?

Carl Heydon
Prolific User
Username: car

Post Number: 157
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 08:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You were spotted in Somerset and the trailer commented upon

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3028
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well spotted Carl - now Patrick will always wonder who is going to "spill the beans" when the next towing task occurs .

Carl Heydon
Prolific User

Post Number: 158
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 13:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found it posted in a facebook group, R-R & Coachbuilt Cars

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 15:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Off today if the thick fog lifts.. not very hopeful for Kiddderminster pickup....

h_kelly
Prolific User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2018 - 17:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, did ya get the mirror in halfords?. I bought one like it in halfords. I subsequently purchased a mirror that attaches to the chrome window channel, (which can be moved in an instance). P's I'm sure your car and trailer get alot of double takes.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Sunday, 21 October, 2018 - 02:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well what a car with a good shake down, only two slight sort of issues not car related.

More on this after a Guinness and dinner and after face book kicks in, well maybe!

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Sunday, 21 October, 2018 - 03:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

H Kelly, think you are correct with Halfords but it was a long time ago, thanks will give them a try.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Sunday, 21 October, 2018 - 08:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The two issues, the first was trying to find a filling station with auto gas most were out of order and the two stations that did have some the fittings would not fit into the connecter fully without sealing with the lever hitting the body work.

Next on the way back was a trip to the services for a pee, oh dear the blue bottles have arrived, what have I done,
Asked is it my car and then started talking about the car, the other officer still in his car doing a check in a short time he also came over much talking about the car and trailer load.....

They went on their way but not before a little talk on towing over the speed limit 60 not 66mph.

the boot loaded

1st port of call Buckridge.

northbound grid locked with Ambulance light flashing in the fast lane.

LPG top up with the correct fitting on the way home.

The misses shouting! I'm off to bed.

Oh the other destination.

Bed no its F1 time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl Heydon
Prolific User

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, 22 October, 2018 - 06:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, I would love to see how the tow bar is arranged. I have them on the Mk VIs but not the T.
Its time the 6.75 did some proper work.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Monday, 22 October, 2018 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Carl made it up years ago, will look to see if I can find some pix of the mounting set up.
Was not to hard job to do.

BTW took the car out today not loaded and the cars ride after towing is much improved.

Tyres have also softened up.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3029
Posted on Monday, 22 October, 2018 - 12:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

Might be time to check the tyre ages using the code on the side of the tyre:

application/pdftyre code
Tyre Age Decoding.pdf (3343.0 k)

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1986
Posted on Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 - 08:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David yes the tyres are getting well past their best,the last mot all was well but slight cracking of the rubber was noted .

Have a new old set of Avons but will go for a new set next year of some other brand!.

Car + trailer may have a trip to north Yorkshire for a pickup but before that a short local loaded trip, more later when completed.

No footage from dash cams etc yet with the towing to Stourbridge perhaps it is more common towing with a rolls in the midlands!

Weather was kind but not a Shadow to be seen, strange that!!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: