Seeking info on a Motorists Warning L... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Seeking info on a Motorists Warning Lamp « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jo Emery
Yet to post message
Username: xmojox

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 11:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

I'm looking for any information on my Motorists Warning Lamp. I found this item in a box of old things my neighbour gave to me when he moved house. The lamp is in a brown leather case that is a little worn and cracked in some places, and fastens closed with a button. There is a (partly faded) picture of an old car and the words
'1909 Rolls-Royce' and below that is printed 'Motorists Warning Lamp'.

The lamp inside looks a bit like an old camera. Removing the back panel shows it takes a few batteries - but I'm unsure what type and so I haven't tested it to see if it actually works.

I'm hoping someone can tell me more about it and if it has any value at all?

Thanks in advance

Maxwell Heazlewood
Prolific User
Username: tasbent

Post Number: 148
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 14:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Jo....is this about the size of a small
box Brownie canera?
I would suggest it's a little later than 1909
judging by the plastic red lens and those switches.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 709
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 15:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would suggest that it is a LOT later than 1909 and that the image of the RR is simply decorative embellishment. I would guess later quarter of last century...1970+ What type of batteries? If modern like AAA, that's a certainty not very old.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 15:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There are similar items on ebay. They are listed as 1960s vintage. The reference to 1909 appears to just be a label for the picture of the Silver Ghost on the leather holder.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vintage-1960s-Motorists-Magnetic-Inspection-Lamp-1909-ROLLS-ROYCE-automobilia-/142339197153?hash=item212413c8e1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1960s-Motorists-Magnetic-Inspection-Lamp-Rolls-Royce-in-Leather-Case-/332541172097

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: