Sophie Spotted This Car on Her Way To... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Sophie Spotted This Car on Her Way To School Today « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2018 - 03:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij90Axxt8W4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOoMty_y5PA

My daughter Sophie can now drive legally. She phoned me to say that she had seen a cool car on her way to school on Sunday (Sunday is the first day of the week for us in Dubai). She asked her sister to take a few photos of the car....

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 166
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2018 - 08:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, at least the owner is driving that beautiful car. Lucky your daughter caught a glimpse.

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 323
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2018 - 21:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well spotted by your daughter, Omar. And really great she thought about taking pictures so we can enjoy it too.
That’s quite an impressive car
Somehow for me the shape works better in traffic than when I saw the pictures when it was first presented.

Benoit

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, 07 February, 2018 - 21:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interestingly "GBG" is the Channel Island 20 km from my own, Jersey. We are 20 km from French coast, but are a British protectorate. We have no vote on Brexit, but have to follow rules, just like a child! The vehicle numbering sequence starts at 1 (as would be expected) with no prefix nor suffix. When I enquired with a Guernseyman regarding this, he explained that because of their superior intelligence they knew where they were without mechanical visual aids! One off build?

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 818
Posted on Thursday, 08 February, 2018 - 02:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beauty must be subjective. The front of this wildly expensive car appears to me to be twice as brutal as the Camargue. Eeekkk!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Thursday, 08 February, 2018 - 03:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am not taken with design but well executed.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Thursday, 08 February, 2018 - 09:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It pretty much goes without saying that whatever Rolls-Royce decides to execute will be executed to the highest level of precision.

It's already been shown that the designers at Rolls-Royce (or hired by them) can produce some stunning cars, but not stunning in the positive sense.

This thing is ungainly, particularly from the front but the U-scoop on the rear does nothing for it, either. With a little bit of cleaning up, though, it could be turned into something beautiful.

That front end looks like someone wanted to take the original front for the Phantom DHC, recess it, and French it, too. Ugh.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 439
Posted on Thursday, 08 February, 2018 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian, I thought I was the only one who thought it would look better after a shunt lol
Still what's $13,000,000 got to do with it lol
Mike

Grand Master

Post Number: 820
Posted on Thursday, 08 February, 2018 - 22:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Only somebody who was stark raving mad like Nicolas II of Imperial Russia would be crazy enough to part with 13 million for this car.

Then again if I was shooting the movie Darth Vader does Dubai, this would have to be the car for Darth to arrive in.

It simply is decadently FUGLY.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 00:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or so it is said.
Roll back the years [1946] to when the design of flowing lines started with the Italian Farina Cisitalia.

And now to the modern designs of many cars I can't help thinking that the designs have lost there way.
German designers try hard but still not the best but hang on, IMO they are now doing catch up but not with RR cars etc but with Mercedes.

The car is the concept Maybach, all electric charges 65 mile in 5 mins with a range of 200+ miles on a full charge.
I was thinking about a change from the Leaf runabout to a Tesla but will wait for a Merc hoping it it makes production.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 02:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all
Ok call me old fashioned but this is my idea of good looking.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2540
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 03:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've always thought the Oldsmobile Toronado of the era you've posted the picture from was a gorgeous car. The Buick Riviera of the same era, and hardly its twin, was also gorgeous.

Can't stand that Bentley fastback in the center. To me it looks every bit as ungainly as the Camargue, actually worse. The one in the last panel has consummate style (and is clearly one of the things that $13M RR is trying, and badly, to pay homage to).

Brian

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 03:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The J Hanson built to order 1968 Bentley was one of Pininfarina's best designs of a large 2 door car that possibly led to the design of the eye catching Camargue.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 708
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 08:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

$13 Million? Absolute evidentiary proof that some people have too much money.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 17:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I love the shape of the Maybach that Patrick has posted above. so elegant..... by its simplicity

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 710
Posted on Friday, 09 February, 2018 - 17:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

...and I would trade my Phantom I for that Bentley Continental in heartbeat!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Saturday, 10 February, 2018 - 06:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The girls did a great job getting such good photos while on the move Omar.
Maybe car paparazzi in the making.
Well done.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Saturday, 10 February, 2018 - 15:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have programmed the kids well mate..... they knew it would have cost them hours of questioning regarding the colour of the tail lights and the intricacies of the chrome work and the lines at the back..... that from experience - they chose the lesser of the two evils. Take a bloody photo and that should shut the old fart up.......

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1841
Posted on Saturday, 10 February, 2018 - 21:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar.

That sounds EXACTLY as if you had been speaking directly to MY daughter!

Benoit Leus
Grand Master
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 324
Posted on Sunday, 11 February, 2018 - 04:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife does that.
She : “ I saw an interesting car today”
Me : “ What was it ?”
She : “ I don’t know”
Me : “ what did it look like ?”
She : “I don’t remember”
Me : “ But was it old, new, sporty ?”
She : “ Stop asking all these questions. I should never have told you”

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Sunday, 11 February, 2018 - 07:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sigh!!!!!
I feel your pain Benoit

It’s amazing. We all seem to be married to the same person.

Mark Luft
Prolific User

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, 15 February, 2018 - 01:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Amen Patrick

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Thursday, 15 February, 2018 - 05:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I made the BIG mistake of relaying this post and it’s contents to my wife. The biggest mistake was I was laughing while I said it and how accurate it was.

I haven’t been spoken to since. Sigh.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Friday, 16 February, 2018 - 01:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hahahahaha again..... you are married to my wife... or are they all sisters????

Grand Master

Post Number: 822
Posted on Friday, 16 February, 2018 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes they are watching and coming
After you they know

Mark Luft
Prolific User

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, 16 February, 2018 - 06:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, I have heard of "Brother from another mother" but "Sister with another mister?"
Could be...

Grand Master

Post Number: 823
Posted on Friday, 16 February, 2018 - 07:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like the Maybach Concept.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: