Everflex roofing color restorer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Everflex roofing color restorer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 680
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 15:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What products are recommended for re-coloring Everflex? Not the entire top, but small isolated areas where it has perhaps been buffed a bit too much or some chemicals have caused a lightening of the color.

Secondly what vinyl conditioners are recommended? Although other threads have suggested floor waxes (Mop and Glow) I want something to penetrate and soften the surface rather than simply add another glossy top surface as does Mop and Glow.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2813
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 19:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,

I have found the following product excellent for rejuvenating and protecting plastic/rubber components exposed to weather and UV radiation:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Marine-Vinyl-Cleaner-and-Restorer/?N=5002385+3293086842&rt=rud

Most marine suppliers stock this product - it is expensive but it is very effective in cleaning and rejuvenating aged vinyl items.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 681
Posted on Saturday, 13 January, 2018 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David...
Thanks. I will acquire, but what can be done about redying/recoloring portions where the "black" is now more of a "grey" either from rubbing/buffing while cleaning or the contact with some sort of chemicals that have caused the discoloration? I presume your recommended product affects the resilience or suppleness of the vinyl but not the coloration?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2814
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 07:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It does bring back the original colour especially black vinyl which has turned grey with age - I have not had any experience with light coloured vinyl so cannot provide definitive advice in this regard.

The cleaner does restore the suppleness of aged vinyl but does not repair cracked vinyl.

Robert J. Sprauer
Experienced User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 - 08:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I completely restored the Buckskin Everflex roof on my Wraith. There were a few minor surface cracks which were filled with their crack filler. I used SEM Products. They are one of the foremost co's for this. I used the solvent formula and they mixed a custom formula based on a sample. The key is cleaning the roof. I applied with my HVLP spray gun. It came out perfect. I am doing a 90+ point car here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: