Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Hughes (210.84.58.100)
Posted on Tuesday, 19 March, 2002 - 04:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nobody's made mention so far of "Silver Ghost" AX 201's numerous scenes in the 1960's comedy "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines". It had what was almost a co-staring role.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

chrisg (144.137.118.218)
Posted on Thursday, 16 May, 2002 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And did you notice how cavalier James Fox was in boarding 60551 and getting in the driver's seat? He simply leapt over the passenger's door onto the front seat, walked across it and slid down into position behind the wheel. No respect!

(I'll bet he didn't/couldn't start it "off the switch" and I don't recall seeing anyone crank it, yet he drove away moments later. The miracles of film-making, eh? :-) Please correct me if I'm not recalling the scene correctly.

There are quite a few more Silver Ghosts in TMMITFM. Armed with Fasal & Goodman's "The Edwardian Silver Ghost" you can identify most of them. I'm sure Bernard King could give us a list. Bernard?