Other work by Rolls-Royce Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Other work by Rolls-Royce « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

N. Craig Bryant
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.6.89.150
Posted on Sunday, 13 September, 2009 - 04:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Members,
While I feel that I am as well versed as any of my contemporaries in the automotive facts and lore of Rolls-Royce, I have, of late, come to feel woefully ignorant of other areas of the company's work.

I am passingly familliar of course, with the airplane engine work. But, would enjoy learning more about the diesels for trains, the nuclear submarine engines etc.

Can anyone recommend reading?

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Shostrom
Frequent User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, 13 September, 2009 - 22:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A good question, Craig, and one that I'd be interested in hearing more about as well. I do have in my possession a large folder, circa 1968 from RR Ltd titled "Rolls-Royce Power" which details all aspects of Rolls-Royce engineering including the diesel train and marine engines as well as nuclear submarine engines.

Stephe Boddice
Frequent User
Username: stephe_boddice

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, 14 September, 2009 - 08:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try contacting the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust in the UK. They have a link at:
http://www.rolls-royce.com/about/who_are/heritagetrust/
The RRHT has published a range of books covering the topics that interest you. The RREC club shop in the UK stock many of the titles. There is also a list on the following link:
http://www.allbookstores.com/author/Rolls-Royce_Heritage_Trust_pl50.html
All of the RRHT publications have received excellent critical acclaim and have low cover prices that belie the quality of the content.

I have no connection with any of the above.

John Shostrom
Frequent User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, 14 September, 2009 - 20:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Stephe - for some reason I'd forgotten about the RRHT and the wealth of information available there. Kind regards, John