Destroying Cars in the name of Art Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Destroying Cars in the name of Art « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ChrisG
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 15:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I found a video of "The Junkman" in a seconds bin recently. It's the supposed sequel to the sixties' revhead classic "Gone in Sixty Seconds".

Several scenes take place in a motoring museum, in which we see at least two SSIIs, two SI/II Bentleys, and two(!) SCIII Koren ("Chinese Eye") coupes.

To my immense relief, none of them were moving: anything that moves in these movies tends to get trashed.

Roy Tilley (202.27.181.227)
Posted on Saturday, 24 November, 2001 - 21:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We have recently seen the worst case of vandalism imaginable, in a tv commercial for a product i shall not name because they do not deserve even that much publicity.
A '70ish Shadow is hoisted into the air and hurled bodily backwards on a modern version of the Roman catapult and it crashes to the ground in a mangled heap. I have traced the (recent re-)registration of the car and now know that whilst the engine was virtually shot, the body and other mechanical components were quite good. So in the course of this film a perfectly good grille, bonnet, boot lid and four doors were totally ruined to say nothing of all the internals. And the commercial message attaching to such an ad is totally incomprehensible to my simple brain. Words fail me!
Roy Tilley, New Zealand Rolls-Royce and Bentley Club.

Carl Heydon (203.166.96.234)
Posted on Monday, 04 March, 2002 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am trying to get a copy of "Rikky and Pete"
An Australian film which features a MK V1 (or two)
My car is using parts from the second car.
Ever seen a MK V1 20 meter articulated tipper?