Help with Silver Shadow II Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Help with Silver Shadow II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zoe Wilkinson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 143.238.222.60
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 13:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I wasn't sure where best to put this, so I hope this forum is ok.

A couple of years ago my husband bought a Shadow II, as it had always been his dream to own a Rolls Royce. Now, for various reasons, he needs to sell it. But we're not having much luck so far. We have a car salesman selling it for us (on commission) but he is obviously pushing his own cars more than this one. As we live in the country (about 1200kms from Perth), it would be impossible for us to try and sell it privately.

My question is what do you think our options are with getting rid of the car. The longer it sits in the showroom unsold, the more depressed we get! My husband even suggested we give it away to someone- just cut our losses and walk away.
It's a lovely car, and there is nothing wrong with it, but no-one seems to want it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way- the salesman has put $24999 on it (offering us $20000 for it), and we paid over $30 for it 3 years ago.

Thanks for reading!
Regards,
Zoe

John Dare
Prolific User
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 13:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Zoe. Silver Shadows are not the easiest car to sell but for every car there is a buyer. Can you tell us a little more about the car i.e If known to have originally been Australian delivered (a general pre-requisite for most buyers) model year, mileage indicated, documented service history together with color; interior/exterior etc. If you post these details you might receive some response, remembering to perhaps leave your personal contact details in order that dealings remain private. Good Luck and dont give up or sell to a dealer at a depressed price.

Zoe Wilkinson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 143.238.222.60
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 14:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wow- that was a quick response! Thanks John!

OK- a bit about the car.

It is a 1979 with 118000kms on the clock.
It was originally sold new in England, and was imported straight from there to Australia in 1989.
The exterior colour is silver with a dark blue interior.
We are not sure what the service history of the car is prior to 2002, but since we have had it it has had regular services plus various other bits of work done to it (brakes, cooling system etc.)

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to contact my husband Dan on 0417093090.

Thank you again,
Zoe

John Dare
Prolific User
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 14:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Zoe. If you do not receive any positive interest via this forum, perhaps I might suggest a color advert. in the national magazine "Unique Cars" in order to target the greatest audience of potential buyers of this type of vehicle. The non Australian delivery will probably represent a negative but compensated to some extent by the relatively low mileage( if genuine of course) provided there is no MAJOR rust in areas such as the side sills (inner & outer) boot/trunk floor, and int. floor pan, front and rear etc. Again, I wish you good luck.

Robert Wort
Prolific User
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, 19 January, 2005 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Zoe,
Shadows do have a good following but John is right about the difficulty of selling them. If it's any consolation, the general market for any classic cars is depressed at the moment. May I suggest that you go to our home page and get the contact details for your State's Club branch and place an advert through them. My best advice is to hold on tight and keep firm with your price. You will eventually find a genuine buyer but because of the relative exclusivety of the marque and the public perception that you have to be a millionaire to own one (I wish I was), the market for these can be rather slow. If you need to sell your car in a hurry, perhaps you can contact a motorcar auction company in your capital city. They will usually buy the car off you but expect a much lower price. Good luck Zoe. Hopefully one day in the future you will own one again.

Jon Rothwell
Frequent User
Username: jon_rothwell

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, 23 January, 2005 - 11:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Where abouts in Western Australia are you located? I may be able to help.

Zoe Wilkinson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 139.168.227.160
Posted on Wednesday, 16 February, 2005 - 16:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry I only just got back in to read this.
We are in the pilbara, but the car is in Perth at the moment. It is actually in a dealers showroom, and is on a website. http://aussiemuscle.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedCarID=719384&TabID=200240&Alias=aussiemuscleau

Thank you for all the good suggestions everyone. We will keep trying!

Zoe

(Message approved by admin)

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.57
Posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2005 - 16:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Zoe, Hi. I have just thought of another magazine that you may like to try. It's called 'Just Cars'. I don't know it's contact details but I should say that you will find a copy of it in your local newsagency.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Julián Moreno
Yet to post message
Username: morenoj

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, 25 June, 2005 - 22:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello to everybody in this forum, this is my first post and I will need a little help, please excuse my English, I am from Spain and I will try to explain as better I can to make it readable.
Yesterday in my SSII, I found a cable going from the botton of the RR363 deposit to ???? Its similar in color to one in the upper part of the deposit, orange and green but this one its already in his place, I suppose they will go together in the same place?
Another thing..light number one brake pressure at ralenti lights sometimes and hear a little click in some part of the engine,
May be the accumulatos?
Are they easy to change by a medium level?
Or they need some special tool?
Than you very much from Spain
Julian

I'm allright jack
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.132.94.71
Posted on Sunday, 26 June, 2005 - 01:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm beginning to think that there are more Silver Shadows in Spain than there were in Hong Kong.

(Message edited by david_gore on June 27, 2005)

(Message approved by david_gore)