Possible answer to the question Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Possible answer to the question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

whunter
Frequent User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, 10 November, 2003 - 16:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I gather the RROCA has the same problem as we have in the RROC, a static and aging membership.

I would like to make a suggestion.
I have a six year old daughter who loves the Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars as much as I do.
Get a group of owners together, arrange with several of your local schools to show the cars on the play field by the school, and offer to take the students and teachers for rides through the day.
You will find out what toy companies learned the hard way, children talk to their parents and their parents do listen, the news media may even show up and give you free publicity.
If even one percent of the children join and become active members as they grow up, all of the effort will be well rewarded.
Personally; I have found it easy to explain why a Rolls-Royce or Bentley would be superior to a Dodge Viper, Prowler, PT Cruiser, Ford Mustang or Chevy Corvette, I have had a spinal injury, the hard pounding ride and need for total focus just to drive any of the other cars exhausts me, as for taking one of them on a road trip across America, you could not pay me to take that kind of torture.
Try to look at your Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars from a Childs view, large rear seat (play area), seats (as nice as grandfathers favorite chair), a ride so soft that Cadillac and Lincoln spent millions attempting to duplicate, the bragging rights (I went for a ride in a Rolls-Royce or Bentley today).
Word will spread through the schools and that type of advertising money can't buy.
You may even be asked in to do seminars on RR&B at the schools, there is so much technology wrapped up in any RR&B that a science teacher could go on for months.
Children and teachers are enthusiasts by their nature, if you can show them your enthusiasm for RR&B and possibly give some pointers of how to own and run a cheap old RR or B on a shoe string, you will have gained a new enthusiast.
If you where too do this twice at the same school, I suspect the parents would be there the second time, too enjoy your cars and ask the old familiar questions, you must be rich, how much did it cost, you are joking, where/how can I get one, how do I join the club?
Don't forget to offer everyone a membership application.
Thank you.
I hope you find an answer.
whunter
RROC, Lake Michigan, Motor and Ohio region.
asemastermechanic@juno.com

Bud Peed SBH21184.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 209.201.108.161
Posted on Sunday, 07 December, 2003 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ref: New Membership.
If David Gore or Bill Coburn are watching.
Please get in touch with me.. would like to
join the RR Owners Club Oz . Email me the information, and will post you bank M.O. for
the annual fee or how best should funds be sent?
TEE-ONE Topics is first rate Bill. Keep up
the good work. It is really appreciated.
Best to you both.
Bud Ped

Jeanne Eve
Username: jeve

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, 09 December, 2003 - 17:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Bud,
Delighted that you wish to join the RROC-A. Unlike USA and UK, the Australian Club comprises separate Branches - see Membership on the opening web page of www.rroc.org.au. You will see the addresses of each Branch although the NSW has a membership form which you can download and complete. Please do NOT email as credit card details are not safe. Instead contact me via the Contact list, Jeve, on left hand side of this page and I will email you privately a fax number. We have several members from USA and with this membership you will receive the monthly London & Derby magazine from NSW plus the quarterly national magazine, Praeclarum. Let me know if you have any other queries.
}Regards, Jeanne Eve. (President -NSW Branch)