British studios forgotten Rolls-Royce Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Rolls-Royce Automobiles in Film and TV » British studios forgotten Rolls-Royce « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pascal LIGER
Yet to post message
Username: ertyuio

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, 07 July, 2016 - 19:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In 2012, I bought a 1967 Silver Shadow ( early version with Chippendale dashboard ). Nobody knew about this car's past, and certainly not the seller. After many investigations, I have discovered that this particular car is probably the most filmed individual Rolls-Royce in history ! There is a dedicated website with an " English section " : www.shadow1967.com I am still doing researchs about the car , so if you see it in an old film or tv series, please let me know. Many thanks.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2016 - 16:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very interesting indeed.
What is the condition inside & out of the car now?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2016 - 17:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mention of the Shadow appearing in "The Avengers" takes me straight back to my teenage years when Diana Rigg as Emma Peel was the unobtainable dream girl for many of my generation.

Emma plus Steed's 4.5 litre Bentley made an irresistible combination as did the sexual tension between them. I always remember their final episode where they appeared together, the TV room at the university college where I was living at the time was packed and we waited with bated breath to see what would happened at the end of the episode; the room erupted when Steed gave Emma a chaste kiss as they departed. All of us would have given everything that was near and dear to us to be in Steed's place!!!!!!

Steed's later partners never quite achieved the admiration that Emma Peel received IMHO.

Pascal LIGER
New User
Username: ertyuio

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, 09 July, 2016 - 23:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The car is still in a very good condition inside and out after all these years. The company who owned this car also owned John Steed's Bentley 4.5 L, the butcher van from " Dad's Army ", a white Silver Cloud III seen in " on deadly owner " ( Thriller tv series ) and many other vehicles of all sorts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: