Crash test Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Crash test « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

james woo
Frequent User
Username: james

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, 16 August, 2003 - 11:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everyone:

Has anyone seen any crash dummy test on the older Rolls Royces (in particular Shadow and Corniche), or has anyone witness an accident involiving the Rolls Royce, may be someone car give me a website address, I have been trying to search for any crash test on the internet without luck, I am interested to see the result and see how safe is the Rolls compare to today's new car. I know the Rolls body shell is more solid.

Regards
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Rothwell
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 61.9.128.174
Posted on Wednesday, 20 August, 2003 - 22:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi James.

I did see some pictures of crash tests of the very early Shadows, and I think later ones were built to American crash standards so it may pay to check the US standards for the years concerned.

From specs I've seen it would appear that the bodyshell is very strong and has good rollover protection, but I'm not so sure about the side impact protection as it would vary depending on the age of the car and if side intrusion beams are fitted to the doors. Frontal impact protection seems very good from the photos I've seen and later cars had much better under dash padding for leg protection.

Jon