Servicing and Parts in Brisbane Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Servicing and Parts in Brisbane « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas OConnell
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 15:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just moved to Brisbane from South Australia and have a Silver Shadow II which is need of some minor repairs and a good service. However I have not been in Brisbane for long and do not know of any reputable Rolls-Royce Technicians / parts suppliers in the area.

I am currently living on North side of the river and I am desperatley wishing to get my car up and running for my daughters wedding in March of this year. I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get in regards to this matter.

Peter Davidson
Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2001 - 15:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Welcome to Brisbane Doug,

I can only pass on the information that I know. I have had both a Silver Cloud I and a Silver Shadow which have been serviced by Ken Balmforth over at Stafford, which is on the Northside.

I have found Ken to be an honest and reliable mechanic, very friendly and is reasonably priced. He usually stocks good quality second hand parts and also genuine parts. I think he advertises in the Courier-mail, but his number is 3856 4911.

Hope this helps you in getting your car back on the road.

(Message edited by chrisg on December 22, 2003)

John Wright
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.87.36
Posted on Saturday, 16 August, 2003 - 21:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I also have a Shadow II and have just acquired a Corniche III. I would always look to someone who has at some stage been Factory trained.
In the Brisbane area I have tried a number of organisations/individuals. Two in my opinion stand out; Barry (and now Steve) Sparks at NBS Services in Geebung and Peter Dancer in Sunnybank Hills.
My understanding is that Barry and Peter, each in turn, has been Service Manager of the R-R appointed dealership in Brisbane.
I have found both to be honest, most helpful and reliable. Here I would add the usual disclaimer, that I have no commercial or familic relationship with either of these two men.

NBS Services
Telephone (07) 3865-3062
Emergency 0409475648

Peter Dancer
Telephone 0418 866 766}