Silver Spur Firing Order Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Silver Spur Firing Order « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Terry Snadden
Posted on Thursday, 03 April, 2003 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Request help.
Have Silver Spur reconditioning.
Engine misfiring, do not have access to technical info here.(Malaysia) please advise firing order and which bank is cylinder No:1.And which sequence does firing order follow.ie L-Right.

Bill Coburn
Posted on Thursday, 03 April, 2003 - 18:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cylinder banks are designated 'A' on the right and 'B' on the left as you sit in the driver's seat. The cylinders are numbered from the front - nearest the radiator. The firing order therefore is, A1, B1, A4, B4, B2, A3, B3 A2.

Bill Coburn
Yet to post message
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 15 May, 2003 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Marvellous how these bits of what I would think are fairly fundamental information are fed into the ether and there is no acknowledgement. Was I wrong? Did he get the message - I will never know!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, 16 May, 2003 - 00:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

I have also wondered about the lack of follow-up from some participants and I suspect the reason could be that having got the information and fixed the problem; they do not have the courtesy of expressing their thanks or advising the outcome.

However, I guess we can rest assured that if we get it wrong; we will be the first to know!!

Richard Treacy
Yet to post message
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, 16 May, 2003 - 02:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A lot of the information we squeeze down or cables is in the owner's handbook.

What are really useful are the tips people pick up where the procedures in the manuals are inefficient. Crewe specifies many special tools, and quite a number have never existed. I'm tired of reading about special tool RH20xx which is just a plain spanner or whatever, and help from colleagues is invaluable to assess this, like when Bill confirmed that my previous improvisation on steering rack centring was valid. I do have TSD4736 which at least shows pictures of all the SZ special tools which helps. Another Crewe specialty is to say "Sparking plug removal. Remove the motor from the vehicle as described in chapter 77H of TSD 909962. With the motor removed from the vehicle, use special tool PQR16000 to remove the sparking plugs". A quick word to someone who knows will put that sort of thing right.

It would just be nice to hear when advice is taken successfully, and if a few new tips arise from a procedure.

RT.