Used Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Recalls Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Used Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Recalls « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2005 - 08:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.automotive.com/used-cars/recalls/11/rolls-royce/silver-shadow/

I found this link during a general search for parts.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2005 - 09:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very interesting Bill - pity they did not follow through with the detail.. I would just love to write to Bentley and say that the transmission mod needed for the recall on my 1972 Rolls under recall 34519874 had not been carried out. Could I please take the car to someone for fixing? The most famous recall was the speed control on the Shadow II which was a bit over zealous on one car being tested fortunately at the Factory before delivery. No amount of foot stamping on the brake would switch the thing off!! It got a lot of press!

But the amusing one was the braking. The spin merchants vaunted the 'triplicated' braking system but then to their horror found that there was a possibility that the simple clevis pin connecting the pedal to the whole box and dice in the ratrap, could actually work loose and fall out - presto no brakes!!! Arguments still rage over the Pitman Arm breakagaes and the rotten front floors which surely must have been recall matters yet silence reigned! Ah how we enjoy those little peccadillos!

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 477
Posted on Thursday, 17 November, 2005 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We must not forget the boot catch mod to stop unwanted intruders opening the catch when locked.

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 560
Posted on Thursday, 17 November, 2005 - 21:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What was that one Patrick?

BBC

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 478
Posted on Friday, 18 November, 2005 - 18:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well Bill,this is a tricky one to record here.
As a trip to the demonstation in house [factory] showed that the boot could be opened in 3/4 seconds on all Shadows not modefied.
I think there may be many that have not had the
modification so maybe the best way is to get down to your local agent and have a chat.
If that fails Email me privatly for pix.

Oh and a memo to J G Dare and R. Chapman all is forgiven,please do not wind me up in future there is aways sting ho ho,more in due course!}