Converting US Headlights to European Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Converting US Headlights to European « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Experienced User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 - 02:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On my 82 Spur, I want to convert my US quad 4 light to the European solid headlight. Has anyone done this conversion? The donor headlights are from a 87 Spur. What is included in the conversion? I am concerned with the fitment and wiring. Do I need anything else such as the chrome surround. Would my surround on the US be the same as for the European? I am attaching pics of the donor headlight if that will help.

Thanks!

Richard

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2197
Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 - 03:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,

Have a read of Ken Hererra's article from The Modern Lady entitled, European Headlight Conversion on a SZ Motorcar.

I knew Ken well when he was still the owner of the car shown in that article, which is now in the hands of another RROC-US member with whom I'm good friends. Ken has sort of dropped off the face of the earth since selling his "the acronym for a Rolls-Royce or Bentley that everyone else uses as an arch and humorous shorthand but which is verboten on this forum and which starts with P, ends with C, and has an M in the middle."

Brian

Richard Greene
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 - 11:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian. This is exactly what I was looking for. I bought both sides from the UK for $600.00 which included shipping. I think this was a very fair price?

Richard

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, 16 January, 2017 - 00:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Call me square I quite like the twin headlights (sorry)

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, 16 January, 2017 - 02:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Me too I think the four I have on my 97 Turbo R is amazing.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Monday, 16 January, 2017 - 03:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chacun à son goût!

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, 16 January, 2017 - 19:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

oui

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 262
Posted on Tuesday, 17 January, 2017 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oui

Richard Greene
Experienced User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, 19 January, 2017 - 15:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I installed my European headlights today. The brightness is tremendously better...especially with the high beams. Thanks Brian for sharing Ken Hererra's article "European Headlight Conversion on a SZ Motorcar". His instructions were perfect.

If anyone would like my set of twin headlights just let me know. I will give a great deal. I will include the headlight assembly as well as the surround. I noticed on Ebay most are selling the headlight assembly separately from the surround.

Richard

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 264
Posted on Thursday, 19 January, 2017 - 19:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

looks proper now
well done
Mike

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2208
Posted on Friday, 20 January, 2017 - 01:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard, you're quite welcome.

The dissemination of information on all aspects of these cars is what forums like this one are all about.

The only way we'll keep these cars going for future custodians is by sharing what we know.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: