Receiver dryer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Receiver dryer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 117
Posted on Saturday, 02 April, 2016 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Experts
Does anybody know to a replacement for this type (but cheaper??) http://www.flyingspares.com/shop/rol...-ur70317p.html
cheers
Mike

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 943
Posted on Tuesday, 05 April, 2016 - 10:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Go to a aircon shop and they should have a common one that will fit and be cheaper. It will do the same job.

Or change the stuff inside the original dryer.

After fitting test with compressed air and gauge. Put say 50 psi in. And then wait for two hours. If the system holds pressure then pop the car down to the aircon shop. The air pressure test is done with the compressed disconnected while waiting.

Get the aircon guy to test with nitrogen then pull a vaccum to. 29.5 Hg for 30 mins.

UV dye is very helpful and not expensive.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1498
Posted on Tuesday, 05 April, 2016 - 15:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

£61?

Never allow 'wet" or atmospheric air into your system or dryer. The more moisture the dryer is exposed to the less it can do to the system. Plug pipe ends if disconnected for extended periods

I suspect it will cost you almost what you can save driving around looking for replacements. It should last 10 years plus so not a bad investment really.

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, 05 April, 2016 - 18:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Thanks for your help, have ordered one for £44 inc vat from cool car ltd
They didn't have one for my Bentley but had on for same year RR spirit so I recon it will fit.
Part number 31-1007
I have a compressor but not sure how dry the air is so I'll wait and have it vac tested.
Thanks
Mike

Roderick Waite
Prolific User
Username: rodwaite

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, 06 April, 2016 - 00:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Mike, I see you've got it sussed - wish I'd known about Cool Car! I got a new receiver/drier for my '84 Spirit from Brabo (Holland), but it cost £211 + VAT. It was much easier to fit than I had expected, didn't even need to remove the oil reservoirs. Good luck with yours - it should fit if there's any justice in this world ...

Stay well

Rod
'84 Spirit

michael vass
Prolific User

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, 07 April, 2016 - 02:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Rod and all
Well just fitted my Receiver /dryer.
Rod yours must be in a different place ,this was an absolute pig of a job ,taken me all day to remove 3 bolts and 2 pipes, never again!
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: