Silver Spirit Cruise Control Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Silver Spirit Cruise Control « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

randygaeta
Posted on Thursday, 10 May, 2001 - 12:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone tell me where I can find a dagram of the cruise control. Someplace on-line would be great :-)

Thanks,
Randy

Richard Treacy
Posted on Thursday, 10 May, 2001 - 23:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Which controller do you have, or what is your chassis number ? The post- 20,000 SZ cars have a Bosch contriller with an electronic control box inside the panel under the steering wheel (I know it well on SCBZSOTO9HCH20037). The actuator is mounted on the RH upper bulkhead and connects to the throtthe by solid levers. Earlier cars have the conventional bellows arrangement with the bath-chain like linkage to the throttle, like on the Silver Shadows. If you tell me the chassis number I can fax you the workshop manual information. Furthermore, what problems are you experiencing ?

RT.

randygaeta
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2001 - 06:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RT,

The problem is it don't work :-). The chassis number is SCA2502B9JCX22770. Any chance you can e-mail instead of fax (less expensive). Email address is rgaeta@ix.netcom.com. Fax number is US (623)780-8863.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Randy

Richard Treacy
Posted on Friday, 11 May, 2001 - 16:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll scan the documents on Monday at the latest, and e-mail them as well as send them by fax. You have the same cruise control as mine. When did it fail ? Have you ever jump started the car, as I hear that jump starting can destroy the cruise controller electronics and also the memory seats (courtesy Richard Vaughan - remove the fuses first !!). A replacement ECU box is £185 at Introcar, part number UD26641 if that is the problem. Mine was missing (stolen!!) when I bought my car last year.

Regards,

RT.

RandyGaeta
Posted on Saturday, 12 May, 2001 - 03:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got the fax. Thank you very much! Its not my car, I am getting the info for a friend, so I don't know if they tried to jump start it or not. But I think so. I will pass along the info to them. Thanks again.

Randy

Michael Townley (203.20.58.1)
Posted on Wednesday, 31 July, 2002 - 17:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear R & R, I have a 1981 Silver Spirit - SCAZS0004BCH02318- with cruise control trouble (Bellows type). I think it is the control unit, the relays seem to work well. Do you have a circuit diagramme for the unit or any other information? Mike Townley

Richard Treacy (195.232.90.66)
Posted on Wednesday, 31 July, 2002 - 20:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Michael,

I have the manual for the cruise control of your car, which is different from Randy's. Let me know your fax number. E-Mail me on

richard.treacy@ch.transport.bombardier.com

and I'll send it as soon as I can.

RT.

Ian H Royce
Yet to post message
Username: ihr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 15 March, 2017 - 13:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys,
new to the forum so continued on with this link...

My 1993 Silver Spirit II cruise control ceases after a random amount of distance? driving along happily and then the cruise just cuts out and i have to re-set it...?! and ideas on what that could be ?
regards
IHR

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Thursday, 16 March, 2017 - 05:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

love the name Ian.........
I would suggest the control module for your cruise control needs a rebuild if you dont have something silly like a brake light switch that is on the cusp of coming on or a fuse that does not make good contact.

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, 16 March, 2017 - 09:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As this old thread has been resurrected, my car doesn't seem to like being on cruise: tailpipes go sooty when used but never when I don't! Only really use it in the local 50MPH bit of our new motorway/dual carriageway as they are red hot on speeding there.

I don't like sooty tailpipes, they bother me!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Thursday, 16 March, 2017 - 10:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

And to think I was going to ask--------

"Any relation Ian?"

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 715
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 07:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi ian welcome my 1997 turbo r does not like its cruise control either

Richard

Neville Davies
Frequent User
Username: nev_davies

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 17:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ian. Richard. Do you think we could form a separate section, Perhaps THE CRUISERS CLUB.My Brooklands has just packed in as well.
Nev

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Seems to be a problem,my 1983 Mulsanne and my 1988 Bentley8 cruises don't work either .
Mark

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Saturday, 18 March, 2017 - 04:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

oh dear........... my 96 cars both have perfect cruise control. The Wraith II has a crap system so I dont use it and besides it doesnt work anyway. The 91 Turbo R has a faulty cruise control system that simply requires the module to be repaired.

I hope this thread doesn't jinx my 96 cars.....

Neville Davies
Frequent User

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, 18 March, 2017 - 17:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar With your 2 that makes 7 cars that have faulty cruise controls in 4 days. When I bought my Spirit 14 years ago that didn't work but was a cheap fix and has worked fine ever since.I wonder why these cars have such a suspect systems?
Nev

Neville Davies
Frequent User

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, 28 March, 2017 - 16:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Be warned.Yesterday while on local dual carriageway steady 70 mph having played with the set and resume on the cruise control earlier and with no joy the car was allowed to slow to about 35mph for traffic ahead.Suddenly without any warning the throttle pedal went down the gearbox kicked down and we were away full acceleration,rapid braking set us back to normal and only just in time.The cruise had decided to work,so in future if it doesn't work make sure that the last switch operated is cancel.
Nev

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 559
Posted on Tuesday, 28 March, 2017 - 17:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hmmm...strange and not very well designed if a tap on the brakes does not "cancel" the cruise control instantly for these very and obvious safety reasons. Much safer than having to fumble for and find a manual switch to effect a cancel.

Neville Davies
Frequent User

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, 29 March, 2017 - 00:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian. The braking did cancel the cruise but the reaction of the car was totally unexpected and we had collected a few extra knots during the reaction time.I dare say if we had been in a line of traffic the result might have been different.
Nev

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Wednesday, 29 March, 2017 - 04:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Nev, did you try it again at 35 and under? Odd that it started working then?

Neville Davies
Frequent User

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, 29 March, 2017 - 16:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul.No I didn't try it at that sort of speed, It had worked 2ce on the way down west with lots of attempts but after the incident and on the way back.Nothing.I did make sure I cancelled it each time though.LOL.Steering working fine now thanks.

Nev

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: