Hydraulic System Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Hydraulic System « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Chapman
Frequent User
Username: shadow

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, 15 January, 2004 - 09:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And the salesman said it was a well maintained car!

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, 17 January, 2004 - 09:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Did you replace both of them?

Robert Chapman
Frequent User
Username: shadow

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, 18 January, 2004 - 07:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Whunter
This degree of contamination of course necessitates the overhaul or replacement of EVERY single component of the hydraulic system (brakes and self-leveling).This vehicle also needed repairs to the camshaft concentrics.This is another design detail of this engine I can only describe as "interesting".The bolting of the distributor drive gear onto the rear of the camshaft therefore making it necessary to remove either the transmission or the engine to remove it.Still R-R knows best!

whunter
Prolific User
Username: whunter

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, 19 January, 2004 - 09:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Robert
Do you have further pictures of contamination?
I know you are aware that I am developing a hydraulic system seminar that could travel.
I am interested in your offer of pictures, for a slide show presentation, and possibly a hydraulic system seminar work book/guide.
Thank you.
whunter

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.33.11
Posted on Sunday, 25 January, 2004 - 06:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

YUK

was the system still working, if it was it shows how robust the design is.

That amount crud in a manual master cylinder would mean no brakes.

Us Shadow onwers panic so much about hyds and go to great lenghts to make sure that every thing so clean that we over kill.

Thank you for the dirty photo!