Rear Antiroll bar on early Shadows Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Rear Antiroll bar on early Shadows « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Irwin snusher
New User
Username: irwinsnusher

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 04 November, 2021 - 16:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has anyone had any experience on adding a rear anti roll bar to an early shadow? I am in the process of installing a handling kit on a 1967 T1. I believe it does not have the rear roll bar as standard, so I'm thinking I need to weld on mounting points for the hangers and bushes - anyone else done this or have pictures of the mounting points on the latter Shadow they could post?
Thanks

Irwin snusher
New User

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, 09 November, 2021 - 17:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can the rear camber on a early silver shadow be adjusted? The technical manuals (Chapter H10) show how to check it, but not adjust it?

Background - I have installed a performance kit and the change in rear ride height has created positive camber.

Hubert Kelly
Frequent User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 433
Posted on Tuesday, 09 November, 2021 - 19:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Irwin, if you type "rolls Royce silver shadow height control adjustment " into YouTube Ronnie has a video explaining same.
When moving adjustment arm do so very slowly as any fast opening of valve may bust seals!.

Irwin snusher
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2021 - 19:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Hubert - I actually made a custom spacer to sit between the hub and the drive shaft - seems to have done the job moving the rear camber back. Done it on a few rally cars before and its lived through that pounding. I'm sure RR would be horrified but will see how it goes!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: