No Power FUEL PUMP Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » No Power FUEL PUMP « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2021 - 07:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm not getting power to the fuel pump on my 1980 Wraith. Pump works fine with direct power. I checked the fuse in the fuse box below the glovebox;it was fine. The oil pressure on the gauge is fine.

HELP!

Richard

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, 10 November, 2021 - 08:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do you have 3 oil pressure switches on the oil filter housing? That's the set up on my 1979 Silver Shadow 11. If so, the larger one operates the gauge, another one works the dash oil pressure warning light and a third one is a cut off switch for the fuel pump that cuts off the power supply to the pump if engine oil pressure drops too low. That switch might be stuck and if you simply pull the wire connection off the fuel pump might then work. That's the first place I'd look at as it's the simplest solution.

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, 11 November, 2021 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

UPDATE:

The wire from the connector (behind the left kick panel) to the pump was bad. I checked the switch at the oil filter housing and the relay. All good. I had power from the wire at the left kick panel from the fuel pump relay, but no power from there to the fuel pump. I ran a new wire to the pump from the connector. Everything works great now. I do NOT know what happened to the original wire.

Thanks Larry for your help!

Richard

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 797
Posted on Friday, 12 November, 2021 - 09:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glad you got it fixed, Larry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: