Keys to her Hart. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Keys to her Hart. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 93
Posted on Saturday, 18 May, 2019 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Ok,..

From what I have come to understand there should be two keys for the Silver Shadow.

A master that opens everything and a second (valet) that only opens doors and ignition.

I only got one original key that dose the doors and ignition and two copys.

I don't have a key that fits the boot and glove box.

My thinking is I should just be able to get a locksmith to make a set of keys for the boot and glove box as all locks are YALE locks.

Or should I just take the tumbler out of the glove box and take that to the lack smith and have the key made?

Graham.

Robert J. Sprauer
Grand Master
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 427
Posted on Saturday, 18 May, 2019 - 21:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The glove box/boot key is the same cut however the key does not have the groove on the side. Blanks are obtainable on the web. The master is square and coded 62HE. The valet is round 62HA.
Use your existing master to make the valet key.
http://rrtechnical.info/miscellaneous/rollsroyceandbentleykeyblanks6.pdf

Graham Phillips
Frequent User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, 18 May, 2019 - 21:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

Thanks Robert.

I needed that!
;)

Graham.

CharlesDirger
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 50.193.66.217
Posted on Friday, 22 January, 2021 - 02:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello to all - I love the site and read it constantly - especially at work : ) The removal of the Yale glovebox lock cylinder on a 1975 Shadow has me baffled! The fascia came off without a hitch, but the lower boards obviously have to come out... This looks like a big job, am I correct? It is not covered in detail in TSD 2476 S10. Does anyone have any wisdom to impart to an old, cautious guy ?? Thank you in advance !

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: