Blower Motors Relay & Fuse Location ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Blower Motors Relay & Fuse Location (Shadow II) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Prolific User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 135
Posted on Saturday, 18 May, 2019 - 03:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can anyone confirm the location of the heating/AC blower motors relay and fuse location for a 79 Shadow? On my LHD 79, I see a round plastic disc with 2 wires on top of it's cover just under the passenger blower motor. Is this the fuse for the blower motors? There are also a few relays above it? Is the first one the blower motor relay?

HELP!

Richard

Robert J. Sprauer
Grand Master
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 426
Posted on Saturday, 18 May, 2019 - 04:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a fan speed module located dash center by the ACU. Chapter M in TSD4200 shows location of relays and other electrics. Fuse chart is on the fuse panel itself. This module is inside the car.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2844
Posted on Tuesday, 21 May, 2019 - 12:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

From SRH33576, after my having replaced the original Lucas relays with Bosch-type equivalents:

Scintilla Switch & Climate Control Relays

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2845
Posted on Tuesday, 21 May, 2019 - 13:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also, for far more about the scintilla switch, see the topic, What is this? OR It's Hell Getting Old(er) and 1978 Shadow Choke/Starting Problems

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 2846
Posted on Tuesday, 21 May, 2019 - 13:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

By the way, yet another topic started by Mr. Greene, that based upon the title should have no pertinence here, but it does: Petrol Gas Flap PROBLEM (1975 Shadow RHD).

See the document on the Fuse Box first, as it directly pertains to the Climate Control system, then see the other PDF to see how it can link in to the fuel filler door. (I think all this is SY2 series only if my filing system is accurate).

Brian

Richard Greene
Prolific User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, 21 May, 2019 - 23:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks, Brian!

As always, awesome info.

Richard

MichaelAnders
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 73.234.44.245
Posted on Wednesday, 11 October, 2023 - 14:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We recently bought a '77 Silver Wraith II, which has several electrical issues (A/C and Heater doesn't work, nor does the blower motors, the radio and antenna, radio (not factory), as well as others. Right now, I'd be happy locating and checking out fuses and relays, and perhaps, the wiring for these items. How easy is it to access the fuse box and relay array? I'm 68, and have limited range of motion with my back. Please advise Thanks! VIN is LRH31728

(Message approved by david_gore)

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 3345
Posted on Thursday, 12 October, 2023 - 12:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael,

The fuse box is (in my opinion) easy to access as it's under the knee roll on the passenger side and once you drop that door open, there it is.

Relays are another story, as they're spread about the engine bay. Here is an image of three of the major relays related to the AC system that are affixed to the firewall and hide beneath the air circulation conduit.

HVAC Relays

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 3346
Posted on Thursday, 12 October, 2023 - 12:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here's a link to an annotated version of the fuse board diagram I made:

SY 2 Series Fuse Board

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: