Dash pad removal Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Dash pad removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Experienced User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2018 - 04:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello again
Is there a youtube video, or good instructional document - or even somewone who has the knowledge - who can tell me how to remove the dash pad, so that i can get the windscreen timbers out.

Robert J. Sprauer
Experienced User
Username: wraithman

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2018 - 09:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Everything is described in the TSD's.

Glen Poolen
Experienced User

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2018 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

TSD - i dont know if i have them/it. They appear to be some sort of workshop manual. Do i just buy a set on ebay?

Martin Taylor
Prolific User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2018 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://rrtechnical.info/

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2018 - 02:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen

Check out the link below which will offer some guidance. This is for the top roll (dash pad) on a 74 Shadow.

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17001/18380.html?1480788062

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2983
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2018 - 08:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen,

The high-res version of TSD2476 is what you need.

The download link is:

http://rrtechnical.info/sy/tsd2476/tsd2476hires.htm

Download the entire manual plus TSD6166 - Spare Parts Guide:

http://rrtechnical.info/SY/spare/start.pdf

Jean-christophe Jost
Experienced User
Username: jc_jost

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2018 - 06:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

See here maybe, a little tuto of mine

http://www.icipay.com/MyShadow/autoDB/show.php?action=fiche&id=36&l=

Glen Poolen
Experienced User

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2018 - 08:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jean-Chrisophe - wow!
Have you promoted your site here before?
What an amazing site you have.
thank you

Jean-christophe Jost
Experienced User
Username: jc_jost

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, 24 July, 2018 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Glen, but no, I'm not promoting this page. Just pointing to it when it's relevant.

Most of (if not all) the stuff is from advices I've picked from members of this forum.

Also it's only about easy maintenance on SRH25085 (might be a little different for your car).

Happy to help anyway - Best***

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2597
Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2018 - 01:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

By the way, and not that I don't appreciate all of the effort that went in to creating rrtechnical.info and spreading this information to the world, but OCR technology has come a long way since these files were originally processed.

I took the liberty of running a more recent OCR engine on all of TSD2476, then ZIPping up the result, which can be downloaded from:

TSD2476 Silver Shadow and Bentley T "One Series" Workshop Manual - OCR Processed

I take no credit for anything other than having done additional OCR processing. If the folks at rrtechnical.info would like to use these files in place of what's already there feel free to do so.

It's just so much easier to find what you're looking for when the files are as close to completely searchable as possible. The OCR even worked, in part, on some of the wiring diagrams, which floored me.

Also, in case anyone needs a copy:

Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow and Bentley T Owner's Handbook, 2nd Edition (TSD2394) - Reprinted 1975

Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow II and Bentley T2 Owner's Handbook (TSD4200) - 1977

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2985
Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2018 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian - this is most useful especially for those accessing TSD2476 on an occasional basis.

Will see if I can get these uploaded to the Technical Library as I do not have this privilege.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: